or Connect

Posts by rrobo

TM SLDR 460CC BIG BERTHA 3 WOOD CALLAWAY X2HOT 5 WOOD CALLAWAY X2 HOT 7 WOOD ADAMS A 12 OS 5 HYBRID ADAMS A 12 OS 6 HYBRID ADAMS A 12 OS 7 HYBRID IRON ADAMS A 12 OS 8 HYBRID IRON ADAMS A 12 OS 9 HYBRID IRON ADAMS A 12 OS SW ADAMS A 12 OS PW ADAMS A 12 OS GW ADAMS A 12 OS LW TM DADDY LONG LEGS PUTTER CUT DOWN
I have had the SLDR 460 for two weeks.  Since I began using it, I have had more birdies than in the previous weeks that make up this golf season.  I credit that to the additional distance off the tee that puts me closer to the green.  I am sure that is due partially to all the reasons TM tells us but since I no longer slice the drive, the yardage I lost from the ball rolling perpendicular to the fairway is now down the fairway.  I admit the first time I looked down at the...
Sixty-eight years old and playing my second season of golf. Today, I made my first hole-in-one. 159 yards from Tee, over a pond with short Fairway. Hit an orange Bridgestone 6 with Adams 6 Hybrid. The ball hit short of the cup and went in on one bounce. Came close last year on same hole but stopped on the left lip of the cup. Had a bad case of the butterflies as I approached the Green with the ball nowhere in sight.
A few weeks ago, I suggested a 3W would be more valuable if the loft was greater and I got several responses ranging from agreement to the idea that it was meant to be hit from a tee and not from the deck.  I set about finding one that had a greater loft or one that could be adjusted.  One reply asked if a 3W could be demoed and the answer is yes.  One fitter also suggested that it was meant to be hit from a tee but that just didn't seem right although I know it is done...
I have worked hard to hit the 3W to make it something more than a club to fill up a space in my bag.  The same is true of the 5W.  I have the Callaway X2 Hot and I hit the 5W much better than the 3W and I am sure it is due to the loft of the 5W.  My thinking was if I could find a 3W with a higher loft, I would hit it much better.  Callaway has several options but when I went to a well known franchise that sells and fits, I was told the 3W was more of an option to the...
Callaway X2 Hot Driver Callaway X2 Hot 3W Callaway X2 Hot 5W Adams 120 S 4H,5H, 6H Adams Irons 7, 8, 9 H Irons Adams Hybrid Wedges Sand, Lob, Pitch and Gap TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs cut down to the same length as non Belly Putters   All of the clubs are new this year with the exception of the putter that was bought at the end of last season. I removed the 3H because it and the 4H hit for close to the same distance and I wanted to establish the Fairway...
I played a tough course other than my home course.  I only play this course a couple of times per year and I shot a 98.  I shot a 53 on the front 9 and a 45 on the back 9. On my home course, I rarely shoot higher than the mid 80's and get down into the high 70's once a week.  I work at my home course in SW Ohio and familiarity is certainly an advantage.  Scoring is so short game dependent, knowing the speed of the greens and adapting to them accounts to the better second...