or Connect

Posts by bamajeff

Well, push fades that fade 30 yards.  I don't have a current video(will try to get one soon), but there are a lot of similarities between my swing and the one below(I am a lefty as well): 
Quote: Originally Posted by colin007  You're probably pulling the club left, sending the plane left before you reach the ball.   No, I'm definitely hitting the ball from the inside. The guys I was playing with were saying I was coming way too far from the inside. I am one of the few people who can have an in-out path and still push slice/fade.    I played Saturday and finally started to figure things out through trial and error(hopefully). My fix was to stand more...
Probably for some. For me, when I overswing, I tend to yank the handle and stay too far ahead of the club head causing a slice.
What if you have a in to out path and a face that is open to that path? I know in other threads Dave and Mike have said it's rare. I am pretty sure I am one of those rare cases. I just can't seem to get my club face right of the path(I'm a lefty). Any suggestions for those rare people that can't seem to get their clubface closed relative to their clubhead path? This is only with the driver/3w. Everything else in the bag(even a 1-iron) I hit dead straight or with a slight...
No, old flight law said swing path was responsible for initial ball direction and face angle controlled curvature. The biggest change from old to new is that face angle at impact is largely responsible for initial ball direction. I really like this image better it shows all possibilities:
No, what causes a slice is clubface being open to swing path regardless of in/out out/in or relatively parallel to target line.
Can you elaborate on this? This is my struggle...even when I have an in/out path, I still push fade/slice. I just have trouble getting the face closed to the path with a driver. All my other clubs it's not an issue. I even hit my 1-iron off the tee dead straight with the miss being a slight fade or a draw. I had about 1/2 round recently where I was hitting it well where my thought was to start the downswing with twist down with my top hand to square the face early. The...
I'm new around here( @bamajeff ), but would love an opportunity like this. I work hard on my game and feel like I would be a good guinea pig.
Working on being able to get off the tee consistently with my driver. I hit my irons well all the way through the bag. Hit them straight and can draw/hook them on command. Can't hit a driver well 1/50 swings. Always a weak push slice. I just can't seem to feel getting the club face closed. I want to develop a stable release where I don't have to consciously roll the forearms to square it due to the timing issues associated with a rolling release. Just having trouble making...