or Connect

Posts by Joe Hill

"Please, just enjoy golf as a dude hoping to break 90, or maybe 80, or whatever. Find an instructor, work on your swing, and enjoy being outside in good company." Translated: Sit down and shut up.Me dishonest? Sorry. When you ignore the part of my swing where I showed the various angles I was doing, then post a critique of the top where I had already indicated it had errors, and base my concept on that, I consider it dishonest and a false narrative. When you purposefully...
I thought I made it clear the 150 and 144 swings were very much the exception. 130+ to me is phenomenal in itself, being a life time 120 pw player, and considering the length of back swing.No I do not totally agree with the lines drawn. The dark area in front of the ball location at impact is not the divot; it is the shadow of the club head. Watch the video after the divot dirt settles and you will see. How can there be a shadow from the club head from the ball forward if...
I think those a very fair requests Abu3baid. I've already spent one c-note, half a day and half a tank of gas attempting to fulfill that request. I failed. It is senseless to post bad swings, serving no purpose. I will try again and again until I get what I consider a good swing recorded. I've tried to make clear that I am a lousy model for the swing. I wish I had a better model, but I'm all I have. I'm 65, not in good shape, and am just coming off a 6 year sedentary...
And I think you are very rude. This is about developing a swing concept, not about Joe teaching golf. I know the concept works due to results. If I'm flipping and getting 130 yard PW, what will it be when I get that worked out? I'll know more when I get better swings on the 3-D camera. If it bugs you so much what I'm trying to do, then please, get off the crazy train.
Session With James Leitz Report All of my shots during the session were this, so posting anything further from the session is pointless. It gave me the incentive I needed to keep the knees level, get better stacked on the right side at the top, and keep the left humerus better leveraged against the rib cage ( I know the club face is closed to it's arc here; working on it): It resulted in much better release: It's a little blurry, but this is right at impact even...
On the plus side, I really felt comfortable with Leitz. I will likely go back, and consider him my "coach". Most importantly, I do not at all feel threatened that he thinks I'm doing things all wrong and that he will try to re-make my swing. He expressed more than once that he really liked my swing. Whether that is just a confidence booster or he meant it remains to be seen. I believe him to be sincere and honest. He is in the process of installing 3-d imaging, which will...
That's my intent. I don't know what equipment he has, but it is supposedly top of the line. I will publish the swing with the numbers he provides. I will not publish the entire session because this is not about Joe's lack of proficiency or polish, but about a swing concept. I see no need of further discussion until, so will say adieu for now.
Everyone keeps telling me I'm confusing thought and feel, and I'm aware how easy it is for that to occur, but I see that I'm close to doing what I think.The hand plane is, with a neutral grip, the palms facing one another form a plane which closely corresponds with the spine angle, and it stays in that position throughout, in this swing concept, but not something I'm saying is "proper". The elbow line defines the base of the triangle. As long as the elbow line remains...
Can We make a deal? And don't give up. I'm getting a lot out of these conversations.I don't mind being on probation. I'll limit my comments on this board to this thread only. That is my purpose here anyway. I want to put this swing concept up to the scrutiny of open minded professionals and swing enthusiasts. I should not be getting the distances I'm getting in my condition and my age, not to mention my lack of polish and proficiency. I promise you, when I manage to...
Update on the measurement. I booked Ron Gring to tape and speed measure my swing. He cancelled because he doesn't have a launch monitor. He's in the middle of moving, so just mis-communication, I guess. I'm considering James Leitz in Slidell, La. I don't want to travel that far, but will. I hear Leitz is top notch? Does anyone have a recommend in my area (Mobile/Fairhope, Al)?