or Connect

Posts by Reval14

Reval = German cigarette brand. But I don't smoke anymore.
At least you don't have to pay a greenfee when playing on your home course. When you are making your license they teach you the basic swing and you have to be able to play HCP 54 so you can go and play on the course alone without a Pro. Then you get a membership card so you van play on other courses. BTW, in Germany you need almost for everything a license. Even for fishing. Or hunting - takes 3 years and is very expensive.
It definitely is a barrier. Golf got a lot cheaper the past 15 years - before that memberships were like $50.000 and only affordable to rich people.
Well here in Germany and in german speaking countries you indeed have to make a sort of license (called Platzreife) to play Golf on courses that are members of the German Golf Association (DGV - similar to the USGA). Normally all Golf Clubs are members there. You have to pass a written test about rules and etiquette as well as a playing test with the local pro. All clubs offer packages including lessons etc... And then you must be member in a Golf Club - otherwise they...
At least he had a decent lie.
My nationality is german + american (2 citizenships).
I think they look silly.
Oh, you mean the revolutionary "Speed Pocket" in their Speedblade irons? From their website:http://taylormadegolf.com/taylormade-irons-speedblade-overview/
Meanwhile I don't like the company TM anymore. Somehow I have the feeling they think the golfers are stupid - introducing new equipment every few months that carries the ball longer, longer, even longer... All they do is cheat with lofts and extend the shaft length.
I thought "it's Bubba-long...." I hate that guy.