or Connect

Posts by Patch

If I really believed that new clubs would help me score better, I'd probably buy a new set every year. As for R&D divisions bringing clubs to the public too fast, that is just for keeping new revenue coming in on their part to pay their own bills.  Folks need to do their own homework before believing the advertisements. 
My best shot, actually turned out to be a bad shot. I was hitting a PW from 110 yards out. Wanting to put some spin on the ball, I took a divot, in hopes of getting a drop & stop ball near the pin. I am not a long ball hitter by any means, and have to rely on accuracy for low scores. 110 yards is about fight for my PW.  Well what I did was, I actually put the best swing on the ball than I have in a long time. The ball flew about 140+ yards, on my target line, then stopped,...
Harvey Penick told a story about one of his students who had a match the next day with a golfer with a seemingly terrible swing. His student told him he would have no problem with his next opponent because of that terrible swing. Penick's student lost that match by a pretty large margin. I suspect the other guy's impact position was much better than Penick's student.  
One large divot is easier to repair than a lot of random spaced ones. I know the course I practice at prefers one large divot to several smaller ones for that reason. In fact a 1' square divot is really what they want when the golfer is done. They grow their own sod, and can cut a repair to fit. . 
Not anymore. A recent  federal court ruling has now made the corporate owner, in addition to the franchisee, co-owners of their business, and both are now responsible for their employees. The court also ruled that the size of the business did not matter. Example; Now McDonald's and their franchisee are now both responsible for their employees. When employees want to discuss raises, and other employee matters, McDonalds corporate folks, themselves now have to be involved in...
I am making the switch from right to left handed for medical reasons involving my left wrist.    As for the lack of being nervous, I have always thought that if a person was nervous, they would also have a lack of focus. This applies to a lot of different things we come across in our lives.  Not just golf.  Of course there are folks smarter than me, claim to be anyways,  who would claim just the opposite. That being nervous increases one's focus. They may be right. Then...
I never get nervous playing golf, or at anything else for that matter anymore. I am fortunate to still just  be able to play the game. Good shots, and the fewer  poor shots I have are all the same to me. If anything, I have a good, quiet chuckle when I hit a poor shot. One good thing about knowing my own game, is that when I do hit a poor shot, I usually know why, and where to look for the reason of such a poor shot.   As far as my current play level, I am happy where I...
On the minimum wage hike. I have read that in some of the cities that are phasing in $15 an hour, some of the workers have asked their employers to work them less hours per week, so that they can keep what ever subsidies they were getting in the first place. Their reasoning is that by losing their subsidies, they have to go pay for their own stuff,(subsidies) and they are winding up with less money than they had before pay hike. Their bosses are agreeing to do so, since it...
I don't like "career politicians" PERIOD.   It does not matter what political party they represent, or which media outlet likes them the most. It also does not even matter to me which super mega rich person or persons' owns them. Career politicians are the major reason America is in the poor shape it is in today.    That's the very short version of political rant, and I can now leave this thread alone feeling quite well.  
If you have the distance off the tee from the tips, to reach greens in regulation, then play from the tips.   I have seen folks mix it up from the different tees depending on the distance of a particular hole.  My cut off distance for driver, and 3 wood, to be safe, is around 430 yards. I can do the driver, driver off the deck thing for an extra 15+/- yards, but those two shots require great conditions, and a bit more luck for me to pull off.   I have run into some...