or Connect

Posts by Patch

Another way to save some coin, if one is available, check out your local college, and/or community college for golf swing classes.  They usually teach the many facets of playing golf in a group session, and are still a viable way to get some info on the golf swing. Maybe even you local golf course might offer group instruction which would cost way less than individual instruction. Some of these group instructions will also include other topics like course management, and...
My nephew brought some those camo balls back from Iraq. Apparently some manufacturer would send thousands of balls over there for the soldiers to use for R&R. Camo was just one of the colors used.   Last time I played in Texas, he and I used them. Tough to find unless in the fairway, or on the green.  
It could be that "you" are allowing them to affect your own game. When I play, I control what goes on in my own game when it comes to other players. My clubs, ball, , and the course itself give me enough to think about. What other players are doing are their own issues.     The weather, course conditions, course slope, and rating are what they are. Can't do anything about those parts of the game. Everything else is pretty much up to me. Mental toughness, and/or control I...
You need to go see a doctor for a correct diagnosis. You may have a nerve/bone/muscle problem which could warrant significant medical treatment. Speaking only for myself, if the problem was painful enough, recurring,  and more importantly in my back, I would never look for remedy on a forum, regardless of the sport involved. Sometimes a suggestion, maybe, but not for a cure. Let the real experts guide you. 
We'll have to agree to disagree. Been there done that. It's been my experience too many times that if I am hitting poor shots on the range, I will most likely hit poor shots on the course. Of course the other side is true for me also. If I am hitting good shots on the range, those good shots will most likely carry over to my course play. This is especially true when I am going to play a round immediately after a range session. I think the difference for me might be that I...
I was at the range earlier today. Bought a large bucket and just started hitting balls. Probably took me hour and half to hit 80 balls using various clubs. While there I was in a conversation with the range instructor. The real one. We did not discuss my swing that much, just talked about golf stuff in general. He did like my swing though.    Part of our conversation was about rather a golfer while on the range could tell what kind of score they might card if they went...
I visit that site regularly. Has some decent info available. I especially liked their info on how handicaps are figured, and used. I had never heard of that "bonus of excellence" term before reading about it in their transcript. 
I always thought "ready golf" meant being ready to hit your ball when it was "your turn" to hit. I don't think ready golf, and hitting out of turn collide very well with each other. Two different things going on there. Now in casual rounds all bets are off who hits first since nothing is planned or expected. You are out there for fun. Hit the ball, go find it, and hit it again 
Woods was pretty successful under Hank Haney's tuition. Now correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Como work for Haney at one time? Might be a good way to use some of Haney's techniques on Tiger's swing. Of course like a lot of folks I think most of Tiger's problems are in his mind, and the rest in his physical health. I think his swing is just fine when he is healthy, and just does it. So if Como can get him thinking correctly, and Tiger stays healthy, he just might make it...
It all depends on what kind of lie I might have. Some types of ball lies eliminate types of shots one can use. Personally I like to chip more than I like to pitch when the shot allows for a chip.    I also think about how my short game is going for that round. Maybe I am hitting pitches closer to the pin  than my chips for some reason. In that case I will pitch more than chip. Other days chip shots are my bread and butter.    I remember one round where I was hitting...