or Connect

Posts by Patch

I usually park my trolley down range, on the way to the next hole. Never ever on/near the green area. Actually I never really thought about it till now. 
If you use a Frisbee..............
I am of the opinion, the more you play, and/or practice, the more you learn. I did not say the faster you learn, just that you will learn more about your own swing. Part of the problem with practice is if you are practicing correctly, or incorrectly.  If you practice how to swing the club poorly, when you get on the course you will still swing the club poorly.    When I practice it's always with a purpose in mind. Most of the time that purpose is distance and accuracy....
Some things should be left in the locker room. This is probably one of those things. Then again, this is Philly Mick being himself. He's never been bashful when in front of the media. Watson did not swing one club during this rout, so most of this poor showing belongs on the shoulders of the players. As much as 6 months ago, this out come was being predicted. The Euro team had the better "team" of players.  Even the sports book had them the favorite back then. This loss,...
Well, I am not so sure if there is enough "stuff" happening in golf that warrants a second network. Watching, and listening about golf is pretty mundane in itself. However, if the newbie is able to put a different slant on the golfing news that is credible, then why not. A little competition never hurts in anything.   Plus, if their programming includes more actual golf being played, and less talking heads, then that would be a plus. I would also like to be able to watch...
You posted "no severe......." shots. I think a golfer can accomplish decent ball striking for 18 holes while not scoring really well. I know in the past I have had quite a few rounds that I did not lose a ball, or have any penalty strokes. That to me can be considered a decent ball striking round.    How long does it take is totally dependent on how much quality practice and playing time you put into your game. In my case I was pleased with my rounds after a year or so....
I don't do it, and I don't really take that many during my scoring swings. Some of the courses I play are  too firm to be divot friendly as it is.  However, far be it from me to to tell anyone how to act on the course. I would just hope practice swing divots would be treated the same as scoring swing divots. That being they are properly repaired.   
Perhaps moving the ball more forward in her stance might help. If she is hitting the ball straight right, then the club face is square to the swing path of the club when it impacts the ball. By moving the ball a little forward, this would allow allow for the club to align more with her intended aim line, before impacting the ball. This is the first thing I would do since it is the easiest to try.   Other issues might be an excessive swaying to the right on the back...
You might consider taking a break from the game for a few days. When I get into a slump that's what I do.    If you are topping the ball you are raising the bottom of your swing arc some how with regards to the ball placement.   Perhaps you are swaying too much one way or the other, which can move the bottom of the swing arc.   Maybe you are stooped over too far at the waist. When you start your down swing, you raise up, which pulls the arms, and hands up.    Your...
My average round has improved by 6 strokes in the past 6 months. However, most of those 6 strokes were a while ago. Lately, improvement has been a little on the slow side. Of course before the injuries, I was a pretty decent golfer, so initial improvement should be quicker once I was able to actually start playing again.    Still going to keep up with my personal playing/practicing agenda, and my quest to break 80 sometime in the next few weeks, or so. I have already...