or Connect

Posts by Patch

Not sure what DSG's issues are. I don't shop there, so their getting out of the golf market is not something that going to bother me one way, or the other. It's probably been almost 10 years since I last visited a DSG outlet.   What I do know is that prices on just about everything are on the rise, while personal income is not keeping up. Except for some day trading, (a hobby) I  myself live on a fixed income.   Back before the last depression hit, folks had lots of...
 I got my  fill of hunting in S.E. Asia. Them critters shot back.  That said I have done a little bird hunting in the past.  Not much on killing  anything any more.  No problems with those who like to hunt. What ever trips your trigger.  
I am sure I have played a few 6 hour rounds at one time or another. Just thinking that a  3 hour round played at par 72 would be something like two and half minutes per shot. I'd never be able play that fast............. 
I don't know. If you take the percentages, then I think most golfers will miss most of their greens from 150+ . With the average score being so high, I would have to believe there are more greens missed than hit. Some of those misses will be in the form of the ball landing on the green, but bouncing/rolling off the green, which might require an extra chip/pitch shot.    It would also depend on the course being played. Some courses have smallish greens while others have...
Although I like the one stroke penalty, and the extra club(s)  provisions. I think just hitting a ball, finding it and hitting it again would work just fine for those golfers not out for a sanctioned score. . If you get to the area where you think the ball should be, but can't find it immediately, then just drop another ball, add a stroke, and play from there. That would speed up play to some degree, but would not totally solve the problem of slow play, which is what I...
The best test results of any piece of golf equipment is the one done by the individual who is looking for a product to use.  Manufacturer's claims do not mean squat when it comes to the end user's satisfaction. 
I too would like to see Fowler in the mix. 
I hope the Packers can do some damage in the playoffs this year. They have been my favorite NFL team since I was a kid. "We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time."   I am in one FL with some family members. Won it all last year. P. Manning made that happen for me.    Yeah, I am ready for the NFL  to get going. Maybe a few weekly bets at the local sports book. NFL football is about the only sport I like to watch. That, and the World Series. After football, I...
I watch his instruction from time to time. He does have some good ideas that can help the golfer who wants to play to lower scores. I have recommended his videos to some friends. No weird teaching stuff going on with him. 
If you are right handed, make sure you are not letting your right hand dominate the down swing. If your right hand is unhinging to quickly (no lag) that can cause casting. That is one cause of casting, and there are several more. Losing the lag too early will cost you distance.   When I cast the club, I am usually trying to over power my left hand, with my right hand. Trying to get some extra club head speed, which of course does not work real well.    Concentrate on...