or Connect

Posts by Patch

I have played more, different courses than I ever thought of counting. I do know I have played in 41 different states, and 3 foreign countries. I don't know, but somewhere around 100-130 different courses would be a good guess I suppose. Most famous courses I have played would be Pebble Beach, and the Old Course in St Andrews, Scotland.  Bandon Dunes and Spyglass are a couple of favorites.    Now days, I hang out on the west coast, and desert southwest golf courses. I...
I kind of like having a hot putter, but not having any penalty strokes is good thing too. In all honesty, I just like to golf, so what ever happens when playing is just part of having a good time.    This morning was a fun round with some folks I had never met before. Myself, and another shot 83s, while the other two shot 81, and 82 respectively. We all won a couple of skins from each other. Had a couple of parting beverages at the 19th, and went our separate ways. Just...
I have a wooden Ping Eye 2 wood, that when I was at my best, was shorter than my 3 metal wood. It was more accurate, but still shorter. Now that my swing speed has dropped off, I can hit that Ping club just about as far as my 3 metal wood. Both have metal shafts.    I have always believed that Ping Eye 2 Wood (1983?) was one of the best forgiving clubs every made. I still have mine, and sometimes still use it just for kicks. 
Anything that is chewy, with Pecans, Raisins,and Chocolate Drops in them. 
I wear two gloves most of the time so as to protect my hands from skin damage caused the desert southwest sun. I get them one size too small for a tighter fit. The times I have played without gloves, had little difference on my game. I'll even putt with gloves on sometimes. 
“That’s physically. There’s a mental side" Mr. Azinger says. I suppose the third might be the correct impact position, and/or control of the club head.  Mr. Azinger not sharing his third idea (secret) seems to me to be self serving.    I have a standing rule when listening, or reading about golf. If the word "secret" is a part of the title, or in the body of the of the article/conversation , it best to stay away from it, and/or the author.    I am all for timing,...
I pretty much use a 3/4 back swing all the time, and I get good results from it. Especially where accuracy is concerned. Yes, there is some loss of distance, but it's not the end of the world. The only down side is I have longer approach shots than I use to have. Instead of an 8i I am now using a 6i for the same distance.    Probably in the minority here, but I think holding my lag longer helps with a slower swing speed. It's helps to give me more of "usable" length on...
I saw a left hander, playing with right handed clubs do it. Darnedest shot I ever saw. I even asked him if he could repeat the process. He did.......... 
Sort of been there, and done all that plus some more broken stuff a couple years ago.  Most all the damage was on my left side. Yep, a slower swing speed does help prevent a slice. Drunk driver "T-Boned" me at an intersection. Ditto on not recommending this fix.  
I read/learned about all the various causes of hitting a slice. Worked it out from there. I still slice sometimes, but I usually know what I did wrong.