or Connect

Posts by Patch

My one question would be why golfers allow circumstances beyond their control to create their own grief, which takes them out of  their own game? Then they blame their poor play on something, or someone  else. 
You should report the opposing coach to his administrator, or at least to what ever sports commission regulates the sport. I am not a rules geek by any stretch, but your son's "stipulated round" was over, and at that point he was just a spectator.  
Can't lose since I bet it off. Worst I can do is break even. 
You made a good choice. I have one of the original Clicgears. Mine came with pneumatic (air) tires on it. The thing is a tank, and as far as I can tell it's indestructible. Yeah, I have had to air up the tires a few times over the years, but it's worth it. I have even greased the axles a few time also.    They are effortless to push, and when I let mine roll down hill on it's own, it tracks very well too.    I was at a 2nd hand store a couple of months ago, and found a...
Baseball came very easy for me, plus it paid my way through college.  Win, or lose at baseball, and it was the team's win, or loss. Win, or lose at golf, and it's all on the person swinging the club. One person swings the golf club, and plays against mother nature in golf. In baseball it takes a minimum of 2 people to start, and end a play.     Only thing that each sport might have in common other than a ball, and maybe spikes, is swinging at, and hitting a ball that is...
Well, my current set of Tour Edge GeoMax 2  irons are several years old. and I have no plans to replace them. I think they are 8-9 years old. Maybe 10. I have a set of Tour Edge Iron Woods that I use every so often. They are way older than 10 years. I have several sets of old clubs in my garage, that just take up space.    My metal woods are component clubs, and are probably 6-7 years old.   I have nothing against the newer stuff, other than I don't think they would...
Except for a few of the high end courses I might play, most of the courses I do frequent, the difference between the forward, and the back tees is not that big of a deal. Maybe 20-30 feet at best, with the ladies tees maybe 50 yards farther forward. I usually play from the middle tees regardless. Most are 7000 yards or less. Occasionally I will get on a longer course. For the most part I score about the same on any course up to 7000 yards.     There was a course I use to...
On the flip side it could also mean Jack had tougher competition. There was more parity in his era of golf. That poor dead horse is still being beaten. 
It's about 95*F  outside right now. I have been off the golf course a little over 90 minutes. Yeah, I am having several cool ones. Earlier, now, and later.   
You play the course they way you find it. If a person feels slighted due to course/hole lay out(s), they can play somewhere else. Me personally I'd rather have a tree in the fairway, than a forced (long) carry over water.    I think any obstacle, for the most part, can be overcome with accurately working the ball, and if the golfer has enough distance to get the job done. If the golfer can't work the ball on demand, and they don't have long knocker distance, then they...