or Connect

Posts by PaperArmyTank

Just wanted to post a quick update. I've been playing nine holes 2-3 times a week. I have established a "home course" and I've also branched out and played new courses. It's been exciting, and I'm obsessed to say the least. I've hit the range at least once a week, and that's really helped me work through some kinks with a new driver (never used a 460cc previously), hybrids and a full set of irons (instead of my old, piecemeal set). I did discover that the irons I used in...
Well, it definitely wasn't a great round score-wise, but I had a lot of fun. I went out with my brother-in-law, a first time golfer. We were hacking pretty good. It was helpful to teach my brother, which reminded me of a lot of fundamentals.    Having a brand new set of clubs was interesting. I had never hit a hybrid before. They pretty much rock. I've never had a strong driver, and that hasn't changed. I have a lot of work to do on the slice. Short game was so-so, but I...
I'm 29 years old and haven't golfed in ten years. Back in high school I was team captain, albeit not the lowest scoring golfer on the team. I decided to get back into the game. I never had a matching set of clubs, and by that I mean really mismatched. None of the irons were even the same brand.    I decided to get an affordable set of clubs and all new equipment - all the way down to the tees and ball marker. Tonight I hit 100 balls at the range and I'm happy to say I've...