or Connect

Posts by ninjab

I was B-Fit for Bridgestone B330-S golf balls Rory McIlroy -16 John Senden -10 Ben Crane -9
 I'm starting to like this SLDR off the tee, adjusted the loft on it to 16.5, had one really great drive with it yesterday, 544yard par 5 and ended up at the 235 yard marker dead straight, that seems impossible for me I'm wondering if the markers are wrong on that hole (I'd guess it went 250 yards). Hit it a few other holes but ended up with fade/slice and less distance. I don't think I'll take the driver out for awhile yet. Some of my short iron distances are because my...
Update Switched out the sldr 3w to a stiff shaft, my instructor also thinks I will eventually need the extra stiffness, even though the regular shaft was basically the same as my Cleveland launcher 3w stiff. After some putting instruction, I hate my putter much less. Think I was standing too close to the ball. I think a face balanced mallet will probably work better, but I will probably wait awhile and do a putter fitting when I upgrade.
thanks for all the recs, I have a lesson tomorrow (focusing mainly on putting/chipping) and will run things by my instructor too. I will probably ask him which shaft he thinks would be best for me on the sldr 3wl and trade it out if he thinks stiff would be better and tuck it away for a year in the closet. Cost wise, equipment purchases won't really effect the amount I play or lessons, that's going to be limited strictly by the 80hr/wk job. I kinda have an itch to buy...
So, I've read a lot of helpful post so far and decided to join. For background I'm 30, 6' 175, located in northeastern Ohio, and I had a little bit of golf instruction in middle school and then none since then, playing maybe 1-2 times a year. This past year I've started to play maybe 2-4 times a month and plan to shoot for 1-2 times a week this year. I took my first lesson last week and plan on taking a few more. My current clubs are mainly hand me downs with a few clubs...