or Connect

Posts by BrownCoast

golfing tomorrow after not golfing for the last month and a half (roughly) going to a pretty challenging course (for me) i might be happy if i break 105...who am i kidding i'll be happy breaking 110. 
that sucks about all the pro's getting let go but i do understand the decline in golf. $350+ for a driver, $150+ for woods/hybrids each. $750-$1000 for irons $100+ wedges and putters $100+ plus rounds of golf in most places keep going up, memberships keep going up and sadly time of play seems to keep going up. who really wants to golf. or take up golf as a hobby. if golf companies want an increase in sales start lowering prices. each year equipment improves but the making...
so here is a question that might sound kind of stupid. heres the pretext to the question first, i have broken 100 a few times over the past season and start of this season and even broke 90 on some easier courses. however i still shoot 100+ with ease. and even though i started to play rounds that keep trouble clubs out of play i still flub iron and wedge shots, hit some very thin and even take some very nice divots 2-5 inches behind the ball. so the question is; how do i...
broke 100 again, so far im 50% on breaking 100 this year. strategy for this last round avoid trouble (obviously) play bogey golf, use 5 iron off the tee instead of driver on holes i didn't feel comfortable on, avoid 3 putts (didn't happen had a few) no snowmen (turns out  twin snowmen can appear in june) but goal was matched and shot a 95 
so far its been really nice up here. just saw one course that looks like it could have been nice but in really rough shape! 
just moved here but so far i really like pelham hills golf course and niagara falls golf club. i would avoid oaklands for at least 3-5 weeks (still in pretty rough shape) but everyone says thundering waters and legends are super nice and beautiful courses. i'd go on golfnow.com and check out some courses lots of deals. also beechwood is nice and i think the next few courses i'm going to check out is sawmill, rockway glen, international country club of niagara and hunters...
yeah my next step is finding an instructor or just taking a couple lessons. went out today with my "franken-putter" (man does it look ugly lol) but it was an improvement and my ball striking was better today. shot a 95 still had my usual blowup holes quad bogey followed by triple bogey but it is what it is. i'm not expecting to be a low or even mid capper after one season. but i do like this site and so far everyone seems nice and very helpful.
thanks Hammer4 and Gipper. i'm looking to really improve my game this year. last year was the first time i decided to really take up golf. i played in the past but just once in a while and didn't really care how i shot. last year i was given a set of irons and swapped then with a used set of tour preferred (i tend to hit my irons straight) and then at the end of season bought a used driver a demo putter and a fairway metal. got a hybrid as a gift and bought wedges. the set...
so these are the mods i've done to my taylormade est 79 tm-110 putter. first image almost 2 full strips of lead tape on the bottom of putter near the heel. image 2 lead tape cut in half and duct taped around the neck on the front side and back side. image 3 lead tape directly behind the face of the putter with 2 small tips by the alignment line. image 4 the 85 gram flatso ultra grip which threw off my feel of the putter and created this post to begin with. i know...
i just saw a set of cobra amp cell brand new at dick's sporting goods for $300. and a set of wilson reflex for $250 i think.