or Connect

Posts by ittybittypilot

Thanks so much for the warm welcomes and replies!  I'm enjoying this site.   Just got back from the driving range. I'm getting pretty consistent with hitting 100 yards, and less slicing to the left.  I find that if I set up my swing, double check my grip (more finger, less "hand"), relax, backswing, relax AGAIN...I NAIL it right down the center.  So nice to FINALLY be consistent.  Now if I could just afford better clubs (I have an OLD set...hand-me-down).  My boss's...
Newbie question...   Golf shoes.  Why?   I currently golf in comfortable, practical athletic shoes.  I'm curious as to difference/advantage, etc.   My goal is to learn all the intricacies and nuances of the game, so I'm happy to hear everything everyone has to share.
I mostly agree (grin) with your reply.   I considered the distortion as well as took the club shaft and simply bent it....WOW!  CRAZY flexible!   So what IS the purpose of such flexibility?  How would that help a newbie at this stage? How will that hinder me in say, a year from now as my game improves?
Anyone?  Bueller?
Thanks!  I have been to the driving range 2 days in a row now, practicing like a mad-woman.  I've finally gotten my swing MUCH more consistent, and able to make small adjustments and see a consistent change.   I don't like my driver.  That will probably be the first to be replaced.  And my friend took photos of my swing (she was doing it to send to my boyfriend, then later we realized we should have video'd instead...oops...next time).   What I noticed was my shaft is...
Hello new friends!   I need a bit of advice for buying a new wood.   I've been playing a year, I'm terrible, but working hard on my game.  Handicap is 30 I have a set of old, outdated clubs.  Most of them work just fine (putter, pitching/sand wedge), but I'd like to start replacing the woods one by one with high quality ones I will keep long-term.   Where would you suggest I start?   I'm female, 5' tall, 115 lbs.  I'm sorta skinny and petite. I'm more interested...
Hello new friends!   I'm quite new to golf.  Started last year, only had time for a few games and a few tries at the driving range, and winter hit and work got busy.  My bosses husband and my boyfriend are avid golfers, and I've always admired the game, so I'm trying.  I would like to focus on paying more technically correct and hopefully my scores will eventually catch up.   I'm a horrid golfer, but I still have an awesome time, regardless.   I bought an old and...
Hello!   My boyfriend is from SA (just outside Durban).  I'm anxious to golf there with him when we get a chance to spend some time together.  He's coming here (Oregon) next, so it may be awhile.   I'm VERY new to golfing, and joined to learn more and have a place to ask questions and get different perspectives.       Sandy