or Connect

Posts by 1badbadger

Got some more pics guys.It was difficult to get good clean shots of the MB because of the lighting and glare, but I did get a few shots of the top lines for comparison:        
There have been pics of the j15 CB and DF and DPF,  but has anyone seen the Blade or what looks to be a pocket cavity type of head?    
 I think we're looking at it from two different angles Desmond.  I was looking at it as "what current ball will perform/feel closest to the old EV Extra Spin" and you seem to be coming at it from "what golf balls on the market have a soft feel".  Some of the models you mentioned are indeed soft, but they won't perform like the EV.  Maybe I misunderstood what the OP was asking.  I do agree with you that soft feel doesn't mean high spin.It is interesting though how different...
If you're just trying to determine the swingweight you like best, you could actually do some experimenting with any wedges...they wouldn't have to be the model that you are ultimately going to buy.  You could use your current wedges even.     A great way to accomplish this is with lead tape.  It's inexpensive, easy to use, it can be added quickly while at the range to increase swingweight until you get the feel you want. Ha and it can be peeled off without damaging the...
Because golf balls have changed so much in the 20 years since the original EV Extra Spin came out, it's going to be tough to find a current ball that has the same feel/performance I think.  There is a version of the EV Extra Spin that is currently available, but it doesn't have the same Extra Velocity core that the original version did in the mid '90's. There used to be an EV Extra Distance ball in the 90's which is probably what the new EV Spin is more similar...
 The ball makes a difference for all players.  Yes, there are those that switch around, or just pull "whatever" ball out of their bag, but imagine doing that with a driver.  Would anyone feel comfortable just grabbing a random driver out of a pile on the 1st tee box to use that day?  Or playing a different set of irons every time they go to the course?  One day it might be blades and the next it could be super game improvement clubs. It would it be very difficult to be...
I think the golf ball is very important for all players, but a lot of times the higher handicapper who thinks "I'm not good enough for it to matter" can get the most dramatic results when fit into the proper ball.   When Tour players hit different golf balls on a launch monitor, the differences between "Ball A" and "Ball B" can be remarkably small (I'm talking about the same type of ball, but different models or brands).  I've seen pros hit 5 or 6 different models and it...
 Desert, I realize this might be a little late, but if you haven't started your lessons yet and are still undecided about your lie angle situation, I would suggest that you hold off on any adjustments until after you meet with your instructor.  He will most likely make some changes in your stance/posture and swing.  Then you'll have a better idea which way you need to go.  Your instructor will be able to consult with you also on this...it might not be a formal "fitting" or...
 I've been using lead tape to tweak the feel of my clubs for years and think it's a great way to go.  Granted, I've never used as much as what Lihu is experimenting with, but I've got at least one strip of lead tape on all but maybe 2 or 3 clubs in my bag.  Some guys don't like the way it looks, but for those who don't mind that aspect it's a great item...it's inexpensive, easy to use, and if you put too much on or change your mind just peel it off and start over!  I've...
 An excellent point is made at the 4:00 mark about the importance of getting the backspin rate correct.  Good explanation.  Spin definitely trumps launch angle.