or Connect

Posts by 1badbadger

I get where you're coming from Turtle...the way I look at the "Price, quality, service...pick any two" concept means it's near impossible to get all three benefits from one retailer (the store where the purchase is made), but I understand the point you are making.Here's a true story...shortly after the TaylorMade r7 drivers came out about 4 guys who hung out at the local golf shop found a place online that was selling them for about $75 less than their home shop.  The...
 There's no doubt that the retail golf scene has changed considerably in the last 15-20 years, and the internet has played a big role in that.  But to call consumers "nutcases" because they've suggested ideas that would entice them to frequent a local store...that's madness.  I honestly think any retail business that dismisses what makes customers happy, or doesn't provide the little things that keep customers coming back or doesn't separate themselves from the...
"Surveillance videos reportedly shows an unknown individual purchasing more than $10,000 worth of goods at several stores with Allenby's credit card"?  How did anyone spend that much at "several stores" before the card was reported stolen?  He left the wine bar at about 11:00 pm and was apparently rolled a short time later...are liquor stores and Urban Outfitters open at that hour in HI?  I just noticed before I posted this that a new report claims witnesses have said...
This tip helped me...
 No doubt that certain elements will be where there is "visiting money" and try to take advantage, and I'm sure that tournament brings in a lot of money to the local economy, but if players start feeling unsafe and decide not to play it would be bad for the community.  I would think that local law enforcement would go out of their way to solve high profile cases in an effort to keep the players coming back.  Someone else suggested that it's likely no one will ever be...
 That's exactly how I've always described Ian Moore from Austin, TX..."the best guitar player you've never heard of...but need to!"
I think most players have gone through this at some point...steady improvement and then they plateau.  Obviously they lower your handicap gets the more difficult it becomes to shave strokes off, but I think analyzing your rounds in detail could be an eye opener.  When you play, make notes on your scorecard about each shot...and I don't mean just keep track of "fairways hit vs. fairways missed" kind of thing...note which SIDE of the fairway if you missed.  If you miss a...
 That's why I used to love going into the little local shops that sold used equipment...you never knew what you might find.  You had to dig through a big barrel of putters or a stack of iron sets in the corner that were bundled together with zip ties...THAT to me was fun. Shops had character.   Unfortunately, the trend in retail is that salespeople are disposable and high turnover is expected, so wages are low which creates a a young and/or inexperienced base, and they...
In my experience there are two schools of thought on this...some guys want the same shafts in their wedges that are in the rest of the irons to give them the same feel through the set. I fall into the other opinion that wedges have a different job than the rest of your iron set and should be evaluated separately. I'm mainly referring to sand and lob wedges...for most players the gap wedge is like an "11 iron" and used to hit full approach shots like a 9 iron or PW, so...
 Yeah, one of the incidences involved the boss putting out of turn and at the same time as the OP.  Stepping on the line was just an example I was using on how other player's conduct isn't always easy to ignore or could be irritating, but you're correct, it wasn't part of the original story.