or Connect

Posts by 1badbadger

Mr. D is right...Titleist has been preaching this for a long time.  This method sounds good in theory, but I think there are better ways.  When starting around the green, players tend to choose the ball that has the best bite (most spin).  When players start hitting half to full shots with a wedge, the overall performance of a ball will be masked by the effect of loft and backspin. Spin is obviously important...I don't mean having the most spin, but having the correct...
I was in golf retail for quite a while, so I have literally removed thousands of stickers of all kinds, from price stickers, bar codes, OEM stickers, shaft bands etc.  Here are a couple of things I learned over the years that will make your life much easier: -When possible, always start with a heat gun.  I've even used a normal hair dryer in a pinch, it just takes a little longer.  Don't use a torch.   -Don't melt the stickers off with the heat gun...just use enough...
He wrote a book in the early '90s called Buried Lies which was a collection of stories about being on tour and other players/celebrities.  I thought it was entertaining, and there were certain parts I found genuinely funny.  I don't find him all that funny when he's doing commentary work, but when he is being interviewed he is one of the better personalities....again more entertaining than funny.
 Nice.  
 Not necessarily.  Keep in mind that golf balls are made differently than they used to be, and you can't compare the compression ratings of modern balls to the old "90s and 100s" from 20 or 30 years ago.  Some of the current balls on the market have compression ratings in the 40s and even lower!  Yes, they are soft, but probably not as soft as what you're imagining.  Compression ratings can be used to give players an idea of how a soft or firm a ball might feel compared to...
 I get where you're coming from Turtle...the way I look at the "Price, quality, service...pick any two" concept means it's near impossible to get all three benefits from one retailer (the store where the purchase is made), but I understand the point you are making.Here's a true story...shortly after the TaylorMade r7 drivers came out about 4 guys who hung out at the local golf shop found a place online that was selling them for about $75 less than their home shop.  The...
 There's no doubt that the retail golf scene has changed considerably in the last 15-20 years, and the internet has played a big role in that.  But to call consumers "nutcases" because they've suggested ideas that would entice them to frequent a local store...that's madness.  I honestly think any retail business that dismisses what makes customers happy, or doesn't provide the little things that keep customers coming back or doesn't separate themselves from the...
"Surveillance videos reportedly shows an unknown individual purchasing more than $10,000 worth of goods at several stores with Allenby's credit card"?  How did anyone spend that much at "several stores" before the card was reported stolen?  He left the wine bar at about 11:00 pm and was apparently rolled a short time later...are liquor stores and Urban Outfitters open at that hour in HI?  I just noticed before I posted this that a new report claims witnesses have said...
This tip helped me...
 No doubt that certain elements will be where there is "visiting money" and try to take advantage, and I'm sure that tournament brings in a lot of money to the local economy, but if players start feeling unsafe and decide not to play it would be bad for the community.  I would think that local law enforcement would go out of their way to solve high profile cases in an effort to keep the players coming back.  Someone else suggested that it's likely no one will ever be...