or Connect

Posts by 1badbadger

I have a lot of experience with lead tape, and I agree with Dad 100%.  Lead tape is a great way to increase the swingweight of your clubs, it's inexpensive, easy to use and you can't make a mistake...worst case scenario peel it off and start over.  It won't hurt the finish of your clubs either.The grips that you mentioned will actually decrease the swingweight and make the clubhead feel lighter...make sure you avoid any type of "counterbalancing" weights.
Ben Hogan (from any point in his career) could be dropped into a Tour event tomorrow and would smoke everybody fashion-wise.
I think another issue that you'd run into is the bounce. If the long irons are shortened to a 7 iron length, they will be swung more upright...like a 7 iron. Even if the lie angles are adjusted, they won't have enough bounce to go through the turf efficiently.  A 7 iron could have 3-5* more bounce than a 3 iron, so the long irons will have a tendency to dig if cut down.
If there was damage to the shaft, you'd be able to see it.  Graphite shafts are designed to bend (flex) and twist, so just leaning on the shaft won't hurt it or weaken the fibers of the graphite.  If you DO happen to bend it too much, you'd hear it crack and there would be visible damage. Fibers can be damaged over time when a graphite shaft rubs against non-padded dividers in a golf bag...once it wears through the paint it will wear down the shaft and create a weak spot,...
Got some more pics guys.It was difficult to get good clean shots of the MB because of the lighting and glare, but I did get a few shots of the top lines for comparison:        
There have been pics of the j15 CB and DF and DPF,  but has anyone seen the Blade or what looks to be a pocket cavity type of head?    
 I think we're looking at it from two different angles Desmond.  I was looking at it as "what current ball will perform/feel closest to the old EV Extra Spin" and you seem to be coming at it from "what golf balls on the market have a soft feel".  Some of the models you mentioned are indeed soft, but they won't perform like the EV.  Maybe I misunderstood what the OP was asking.  I do agree with you that soft feel doesn't mean high spin.It is interesting though how different...
If you're just trying to determine the swingweight you like best, you could actually do some experimenting with any wedges...they wouldn't have to be the model that you are ultimately going to buy.  You could use your current wedges even.     A great way to accomplish this is with lead tape.  It's inexpensive, easy to use, it can be added quickly while at the range to increase swingweight until you get the feel you want. Ha and it can be peeled off without damaging the...
Because golf balls have changed so much in the 20 years since the original EV Extra Spin came out, it's going to be tough to find a current ball that has the same feel/performance I think.  There is a version of the EV Extra Spin that is currently available, but it doesn't have the same Extra Velocity core that the original version did in the mid '90's. There used to be an EV Extra Distance ball in the 90's which is probably what the new EV Spin is more similar...
 The ball makes a difference for all players.  Yes, there are those that switch around, or just pull "whatever" ball out of their bag, but imagine doing that with a driver.  Would anyone feel comfortable just grabbing a random driver out of a pile on the 1st tee box to use that day?  Or playing a different set of irons every time they go to the course?  One day it might be blades and the next it could be super game improvement clubs. It would it be very difficult to be...