or Connect

Posts by rb72

Not being "combative" at all. Why did you feel the need to correct my spelling? Do you correct everyone's spelling? If you do you must have ALOT of time on your hands. I'm only pointing out that pointing out Harmons's equally marginal playing ability only supports the fact that you don't have to be a great player to be a competant swing analyst. This
 Ok, so I spelled his name wrong. But your making the argument that Harmon having the SAME playing ability as Chamblee makes your point? I don't think so.
 Why would I NOT accept anything that they said? They have played the position at the highest level and they would know alot more about Peyton Mannings mechanics than you or I do.Just as I'm sure that there are many (highly successful) quaterback coaches and pitching coaches and hitting coaches that never played at the level of the players that they're coaching. Just because Chamblee is not a swing coach doesn't mean he couldn't be. What are your credentials that alow you...
 Really? You think there's a direct correlation between your level as a tour pro and your ability to assess someones swing mechanics? If that's the case why do tour pros pay people like Butch Harman, Hank Haney, Sean Foley..etc. to do just that. Those guys aren't even good enough golfers to be "marginal" tour players.
One other thing to check into that no one has mentioned. This happened to me. A similar deal at a local course (7 minute drive) offered unlimited play after 2:00pm 7 days a week for $849.00. I get off work at 3:00 pm so I could play several days a week and once on the weekend and at their daily fee rates this would really pay off for me. the problem was that I found out after the fact they run golf leagues there monday through thursday generally statring at 3- 3:00pm, so...
You can label them "scrubs" and "club pros" all you want but what else they were was the BEST PROFFESSIONAL GOLFERS OF THEIR TIME. Arnold was the best of the best during that time. While being the "best of the best" in field A (smaller) does not assure that you would be the best in field B (larger) it also does not preclude it.
 My point exactly.I haven’t argued for either golfer in this discussion but rather that it can’t objectively be determined. Jamo is trying to make a case that one opinion is better supported than the other by quantitative facts. I feel that those facts are no more conclusive than the simple fact 18>14 (or 6,7,8 &9 > 4&5). Obviously a case could be made for both but my point is that the statistics provided do not conclusively support his case to the EXTENT that he thinks....
 Okay, you pulled me back in. I don’t know why because nothing anyone says is going to dissuade you from your obvious bias. I could shoot holes in every one of your ridiculous arguments in which you bend and tilt numbers in an attempt to provide evidence of something that simply is not there.“Jack had to beat 15 or 20 guys. Tiger has to beat 100. Now, yes, some of those 100 have around a 1% chance of winning, but 80 of the players in the field in Jack's day had much closer...
 I don’t think it’s a stretch at all. Is it more likely than that he was only a good golfer playing in a mediocre field as a 29 year old and remained a good golfer in a “deep” field at 59. There’s no way a 59 year old T. Watson has the same physical abilities as a 29 year old T. Watson, and I would venture to say he actually practices and plays far LESS now. Let’s establish that there are only two “great” players, Tiger and Jack. We’ll call players like T. Watson, G....
 I don’t yet know how to put parts of a post in a box but I want to address each point the best I can so I’ do it this way.point 1. and point 2.and 3 go hand in hand. I understand the position that a POSSIBLE (because we can’t actually know) reason for Jack’s contemporaries looking like they are better than Tiger’s (accumulated majors) MAY be due to the relative weakness of the rest of the field but Tom Watson’s performance over the last five years suggests that he is a...