or Connect

Posts by ericm

Williams may well be a racist idiot, the evidence looks fairly convincing.  It also looks like rather than being fired he probably told Woods to take a long walk off a short pier.  For as much media access as Tiger has, Williams has revealed a powerful motive to call it quits with Tiger.
Yes.   13-2. Improving Lie, Area of Intended Stance or Swing, or Line of Play A player must not improve or allow to be improved: · the position or lie of his ball, · the area of his intended stance or swing, · his line of play or a reasonable extension of that line beyond the hole, or · the area in which he is to drop or place a ball, by any of the following actions: · pressing a club on the ground, · moving, bending or breaking...
Club politics concerning any "club championship" match are very difficult to manage.  A long time ago I played as an observer during a club championship match during which the player who won cheated repeatedly.  Every approach shot involved a pre-shot routine that included tapping the club in front of the ball to mark an intended aim point.  This was brought to the player's intention repeatedly by the other three players in the group, not just his competitor.   After...
I got my start at a young age, 8 years old. My father and grandfather were both interested in the game and it quickly became a good way to spend time with both. Golf was love at first hit for me and became a fixture of my youth that has continued into adulthood. Good thread.
Tiger sends Steve Williams as a surrogate with the ghost of Pops to collect another Claret Jug. I also have money on Shivas Irons.
The National Broadcasting Company.
Can someone at NBC go drag Bob Murphy down from his tower and mail him back to The Villages? Silence is far superior to anything he has said all day. Heck, even Miller is better.
I'm not 100% certain, but I have a decent amount of confidence that you DID NOT incur a penalty.
Courses of note for me: St. Andrews (Old and Jubilee) Turnberry (Ailsa) also the fantastic pitch and putt Royal Troon (both) Western Gailes Royal Dornoch Prestwick Loch Lomond Golf Club Carnoustie Waterville Ballybunion (Old) Lahinch The Golf Club The Camargo Club Long Cove Catamount Ranch and Club Kaanapali Pinehurst (2, 4, 6, 7) Country Club of North Carolina
Imagine a tape measure from the hole to the point of entry. Move that tape measure right and left. If there is any land, that is not in the hazard, that is more than the distance to the point of entry it is deemed to be further from the hole, therefore you can drop your ball there.