or Connect

Posts by TRichardon

I agree with the relaxed rules, and have a personal tie as the main reason for it. I started playing the game at a young age with my brother and Dad. The three of us would go out on the course and play 9 holes (eventually moving on to 18, the local course was a 9-hole facility). None of us were real good, breaking 100 only occasionally, mostly playing to spend time with each other and have fun. After awhile, my brother quit golfing. It was too hard and he wasn't enjoying...
Awesome, can't wait. Have a great time, and enjoy being out on the course!
This is a late reply, but I wanted to add my 2 cents. Do you play in any tournaments outside of high school events? The AJGA and HJGT are both really great junior golf tours that help prepare junior golfers for college. They also have a relationship with some college coaches, with some coaches even coming out to tournaments to watch.   Grades are another important matter. It's a big thing for some college coaches, and it's an easy thing to control. As long as you study...
My advice would be to post up at a specific hole and watch all the groups coming through. Your strategy of staying at the first Par 3, and then moving to the last Par 3 sounds like a good one. You'll be able to see all the golfers, and enjoy watching them play rather than navigating the course and the crowd. Unless there is someone specific you would like to follow, that's what I would recommend!
Has anyone in here read "Open" by John Feinstein? One of the people I follow on Twitter mentioned it the other day during the US Open, and it made me want to check it out. Just curious if anyone else had read it before.
Don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but thought this article was pretty good about playing golf in Boston! https://nextgengolf.org/nextgen-graduate/5-tips-for-city-golfers-in-boston/
Couldn't have said it better myself. I always enjoy hitting the links, even when I shoot terrible, because I have fun playing with my friends and family. Now, that's not to say there aren't some REALLY frustrating times out there :)
I searched "Boston" in the forum search, because I too just moved to Boston! 2 weeks ago actually. Excited to hit up the local courses and connect with some fellow Boston golfers!
I actually played Kwik Golf the other day for the first time! It is actually a really fun game, and a great workout.   Kind of a quick summary, you set up large moveable "golf holes", as few as three to as many as you want, in any kind of pattern you want. Then you race against the clock, or your playing partner, to see who can hit their ball, sprinting between shots, into all of the holes, and get to the finish line. It is kind of a mix between running and...