or Connect

Posts by Pancho Lefty

I wouldn't be opposed to getting a net for my yard, but I wouldn't stop hitting the plastic balls. I like hitting those because it gives me an actual sight of ball flight.
This is a great question because like yourself, I have the same problems - both with a slice (at times), and with limited space at home. The replies I've read were solid too. I've incorporated several of them lately. I love the mirror, and it's not because I like to look at myself. It shows me the difference between feel and reality. If you, or anyone else, come across anything else, please share.
Is there a reason why you're choosing to stack & tilt with irons? I ask because I utilize the stack & tilt with my driver & 3-wood, but no other club. Even with those 2 clubs, there's still a weight shift.
I appreciate you guys understanding my intentions. Furthermore, I have utilized a lot on here throughout my short time as a registered user. Once I play with a friend again (instead of complete strangers I'm paired up with), I'll work on getting videos of my swing. Thanks again.
  I definitely agree that trial and error alone is not what made Bubba great. He's a gifted athlete. Without sounding "prideful," I believe I am as well, though.
I am in no way encouraging people to not take lessons. Like I said before, I won't disagree that they help. For me, my current financial situation (with a newborn baby) doesn't allow for that (and still actually play golf). I do the best I can with what's at my disposal.    The last thing I wanna do is piss a bunch of people off. I just wanted to help others who were like me, since I did cut 12 strokes off of my average round. When I get some video uploaded, I'll...
I wanted to use the things that have helped me, and share them with other high handicappers. If that's prideful, so be it. I'm not illiterate to what a golf swing should look like. When you add "feel" into it, that's how I go about it. I'm a high handicapper myself, and am not where I want to be yet. But I feel the lesson thing is a bit overdone. And no, I'm not saying it's a crock. I'm not disputing that it can and often does help. But I disagree that it's a prerequisite...
 I'm not opposed to lessons for reasons of pride. It's the money issue. And before you point to the rounds of golf I play as "money," it's either spend the money to play, or on lessons. I enjoy the game as is now, and while I'd like to get better, I rely on my student mentality and honest assessment of myself.
For the few I've conversed with throughout my short time on here, you know I'm a high handicapper - 23 to be exact. I've never taken a lesson, nor do I plan on doing so in the future. I pride myself on making the adjustments necessary through studying anything I can get my hands on, watching the Tour pro's, and playing a lot.   I started the year averaging 103 through my 1st 10 rounds. Recently, however, I have tweaked my game, which leaves my new goal to break 90 every...
 While there's no doubt in my mind that you'll beat me every day and twice on Sunday in strokes, this pertains to the mental aspect of the game, which I feel I hold my weight at. You've heard of the definition of insanity, right? Doing the same thing over and and over again, expecting a different result. Quite simply, if you're not getting the results you desire, or know you're capable of, it ain't the equipment. That's why the best players (in any sport for that matter)...