or Connect

Posts by windlaker

Played my first 18 holes (actually 21 holes) Friday night since my April 10 surgery.  Things went well.  After the 3 Sudden Death playoff holes, I was feeling OK.  Especially since I beat my brother!   The Meniscus pain is 100% gone.  The Arthritis pain is killing me.  I was told it was a possible side effect...I guess I got a winning ticket on that front.   We took a cart. I cannot see myself walking even 9 holes, based on how my knee feels now.   After the round,...
Growing old is NOT for the faint of heart.
I've never hit anyone.   I've never get hit with a ball.   When we were kids, our Dad's cut down some clubs for us to hit in the yard.  So my buddy is setting up to hit a ball, and I'm "next in line".  As he does his takeaway (which was like "Crack the Whip") the shaft flies out of the handle and hits me square in the knee.  Actually, the same knee I just had surgery on a month ago.   His Dad sets us both down, ha has comparing my kneecap to my buddy's, to see if...
Played my first 9 holes last night since the surgery.  Shot a 48...around my average, so I wasn't too upset.  Great getting out again.   No surgical pain at all.   The arthritis pain was getting bad the last two holes (we took a cart), but I don't feel it affected my game.  I had my long drive of the day (and a MISSED Birdie putt...AAARGH!) on the 9th hole.   All in all, I'd things are great regarding the surgery, so-so with the side effects (increased Arthritis pain).
Went again to the driving range yesterday.  Got a large bucket of balls.   Chipped & putted for about 45 minutes, then hit the whole bucket.  No knee pain whatsoever.   Only one downside to my surgery....   The Doc mentioned that the arthritis pain may change because of the surgery...could get better or worse...different side effects for different patients.  The arthritis pain in my Left Knee (the one with the surgery) has been increasing as time goes on.  It's...
Went out and did some easy swinging yesterday.  Only took my wedge and my putter to the range.   Chipped around the practice green for about 30 minutes, putted for another 30.  Then to the medium bucket and took full swings (with the wedge).   No pain while shooting.  Felt a little achey after a couple of hours, but no pain.   Had the surgery on Friday the 10th.  Happy with my progress.  Still doing the exercised the Doc (and joekelly) gave me.  Going to the gym...
Joekelly,   I've added your yoga to my exercise routine provided by the Doc.  He has one similar, but I've added yours anyway.   The rehab is going well.  Using a cane @ work (I do a lot of walking), but around the house walking without assistance.  No Meniscus pain, very little surgical pain.  Have taken no Narcotics or even Advil since Sunday AM.  Very little swelling, but then again I spent almost all weekend watching The Masters with my leg up and ice on the...
Surgery went well...lasted all of 20 minutes. I was out of the surgical center 3 1/2 hours after I arrived. Laying on the couch watching the Masters right now. No pain in the knee, just tightness. No crutches required, only if I feel I need them. No weight restrictions. Doc told me I cannot damage the knee by walking, or swinging a club. He said it may hurt, but I can swing when I want. I was told to keep my knee above my heart as much as I can today. I should walk a...
I'm having my Left knee scoped tomorrow for a tear in the meniscus.   I'm a right-handed golfer.  Wanted to have it done sooner, but things never go fast when it comes to insurance.  Living in Wisconsin, perfect golfing weather is a ways off yet.    I'm 55 years old, in decent shape, except for arthritis in my Right knee.   My question is this.  For those of you that have had this done, how soon were you swinging a club?  The Doc says "As soon as you feel like it"....
Yesterday, shot the game of my life...88...with an 8 on hole 16! That was the only ball I lost all day. I've never broke 90. Yesterday's game seemed so easy. Get to the ball, figure the distance, pick a club and swing. I wish I could bottle what I used yesterday. My handicap is around 24, so this was a huge accomplishment. Hopefully, I can use this as a confidence builder. We'll see what Monday League night brings. WindLaker