or Connect

Posts by windlaker

Went out and did some easy swinging yesterday.  Only took my wedge and my putter to the range.   Chipped around the practice green for about 30 minutes, putted for another 30.  Then to the medium bucket and took full swings (with the wedge).   No pain while shooting.  Felt a little achey after a couple of hours, but no pain.   Had the surgery on Friday the 10th.  Happy with my progress.  Still doing the exercised the Doc (and joekelly) gave me.  Going to the gym...
Joekelly,   I've added your yoga to my exercise routine provided by the Doc.  He has one similar, but I've added yours anyway.   The rehab is going well.  Using a cane @ work (I do a lot of walking), but around the house walking without assistance.  No Meniscus pain, very little surgical pain.  Have taken no Narcotics or even Advil since Sunday AM.  Very little swelling, but then again I spent almost all weekend watching The Masters with my leg up and ice on the...
Surgery went well...lasted all of 20 minutes. I was out of the surgical center 3 1/2 hours after I arrived. Laying on the couch watching the Masters right now. No pain in the knee, just tightness. No crutches required, only if I feel I need them. No weight restrictions. Doc told me I cannot damage the knee by walking, or swinging a club. He said it may hurt, but I can swing when I want. I was told to keep my knee above my heart as much as I can today. I should walk a...
I'm having my Left knee scoped tomorrow for a tear in the meniscus.   I'm a right-handed golfer.  Wanted to have it done sooner, but things never go fast when it comes to insurance.  Living in Wisconsin, perfect golfing weather is a ways off yet.    I'm 55 years old, in decent shape, except for arthritis in my Right knee.   My question is this.  For those of you that have had this done, how soon were you swinging a club?  The Doc says "As soon as you feel like it"....
Yesterday, shot the game of my life...88...with an 8 on hole 16! That was the only ball I lost all day. I've never broke 90. Yesterday's game seemed so easy. Get to the ball, figure the distance, pick a club and swing. I wish I could bottle what I used yesterday. My handicap is around 24, so this was a huge accomplishment. Hopefully, I can use this as a confidence builder. We'll see what Monday League night brings. WindLaker
Yesterday, shot the game of my life...88...with an 8 on hole 16! I've never broke 90. Yesterday's game seemed so easy. Get to the ball, figure the distance, pick a club and swing. My handicap is around 24, so this was a huge accomplishment. Hopefully, I can use this as a confidence builder. We'll see what Monday League night brings. WindLaker
Did the baking soda trick.  Took about 97% of the marks off.  I can see them only because I know where they were.   Thanks for the help.   WindLaker
There's an Under Armour outlet close by.  Do most of my shopping there.  Every once in a while my wife will pick up some nice shirts @ Kohl's...I thinl Champion brand.   NEVER pay full price for a golf shirt. I'll never spend over $25.00 for a golf shirt.   Same for shoes...always go to the "Clearance" section on the stores.
I just picked up a used RBZ 3 Wood for a great price. It has some red marks on the top of the head from range balls, on the white paint. Any ideas how to clean them off?
Thanks to all for your help. I can't do to much research right now...I'm supposed to be researching kitchen stuff these days. I'll be sure to bookmark this thread. WindLaker