or Connect

Posts by BerkeleyRehab

The problem was that he was/is a novice golfer and designed the 10,000 hours around his lifestyle. He needed a dedicated person to control the 10,000 hours. And then perhaps he could say he reached his full potential whatever that is. This is 10,000 hours of goofing off at a local course. He was also doing a decent job on the marketing experiment side. But he has even let that lapse. His lack of playing tournaments has made each one now seem so important. If I was...
I would think after that Southwest article, he would be updating his website regularly, especially since he has more time with his injury. ***Every step of Dan’s journey from novice to professional golfer will be documented.*** ...or not. Where is his tournament summer schedule? If he wants money, it would be interesting to see all of the costs associated with this project so far as well as his future budget.
Can't be him. The "real" anthony kim gets an exemption. I think there would be a lot more news if he secretly showed up like this.
What a tough spot.  If he doesn't play, he will be known as a sell-out.  If he does compete and fails, he loses a fortune and financial security.  Plus, the added pressure of scrutiny.    Bottom line - too much fame and fortune at a young age. 
   He has been more worried about the media/making money than playing golf. I just saw he tweeted he needs an agent. Pathetic.  Self-indulgent fraud, but that is where the world is going.  God forbid he would try to get a real job.
 It is more he isn't being honest with us. I also think he is incredibly short-funded and needs to keep this charade up to keep the media and investor money flowing in. The Catch-22 of the more tournaments he plays, the more it will expose that he is just another amateur golfer.  And that PGA Tour talk that generated interested becomes more of a joke.
I had to reread that too :)
My guess is the average tour pro would shoot 65 there. He is really only 1 shot a hole away from being a pro.  
In Portland City Championship   ***I did have a breakthrough with my putting and chipping and kept that going, which is huge in the long run.  4,761 remain. Random Stat: shot a 48-40 for a dismal 88.***   And he is getting flown to Australia?!
Something else about tournaments is that you play with other good players. Can definitely raise his game. He will see how other experienced players handle pressure and play certain shots. I think he should turn pro and go on gateway tour. Problem is that he is financially strapped. He wasn't really open about this from the get-go.