or Connect

Posts by MrDC

It's over, that club looks beat to shit, is that blood? Strange that it cracked though, but chances are it just took too many big blows high up near the crown. I know you said it's all center hits, but forgive me if I have doubts.
I play from the forward tees with an older group and it's great, lots of fun, it's nice to not grab driver for almost every hole, it makes the game more interesting because the average player thinks about his tee shot rather than just trying to get it out there as far as possible up the middle, sort of like the pros play. But I think it will always be an issue and weekend players will play from the whites, because the standard has been set, nobody is making the change...
I can see the private course industry taking a big hit, but why should we really care about that? let the rich live that life, so grey collars have to stick to public, I would have no problem with that, I know modest income seniors that bounce around all week, seems like a good thing to me, I doubt I would ever join a private no matter how much money I had, its not my style and I like bouncing around. So for that matter I would not use private course membership as...
I really can't blame them for trying to change the image of the game, and maybe the game itself, people these days like to watch those that are pumped up and bulging, fast and furious, loud and in your face, and golf is historically lanky and hush-hush, the players are not hot. But that trend is not for me, the more pumped up and loud golf becomes the less I'll be interested, I like golf for it's lack of bravado, it's lack of fist pumps and bros, that stuff is a huge turn...
It's not fair to look at the game back in Tiger's day and compare it, the man changed things and got everyone out there, that's rare, so maybe it's simply that we're seeing the normal crowd now, and the Woods effect is over. As for the family thing, that's the case for everything in their lives, family=nothing but family for the parents, there used to be a time when one could work and the other would take care of things, leaving a little time for both to have some...
Good one, I enjoy everything Monte has to say, he's one of the best golf guys on the Tube IMO.
I don't know, the short putt was only to tie and get into a playoff, not win, so I don't see this as that bad, his putt to win was long and difficult.
His quote is kind of riding the fence, he admits he "may" have pulled it, which he did and everyone agrees, but he also thinks the ball moved, and it may have a touch, but man up DJ, you pulled the damn putt just like the other five you pulled that day, you lost because you're putting was not great that day, and with Jordan right there you needed to make those strokes every time.
Globally it has to be up there in popularity, it may not get the numbers per event that soccer does, but soccer is not that popular in the US, golf is, so golf is perhaps the most global sport there is. The golf channel does really well, I don't see many other sports with dedicated channels on the main drag of TV channels, maybe MLB. Bethpage is my local big name place, with four courses I believe, and it's packed frequently, go there on a weekend and you'll wait 10...
When people use the word "driver" in a conversation, and you realize not very quickly they aren't talking about the big stick, but an actual person driving something.