or Connect

Posts by MrDC

Kind of sounds like the Mike Bender piece Snap Speed in this month GD, where he says to brake the hips on the downswing to create snap speed with the arms, and then brake again with the shoulders to do it again, like snapping a towel, seems like a lot to think about in a fluid swing, but maybe there's something there. http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-instruction/2014-08/mike-bender-power-at-impact-with-zach-johnson
Start with stretches, then half swings with left arm only, weight forward drills, then slow swings working on takeaway. 20-30 swings with gap wadge and 8. Then I go right to driver, I like driver when I have energy, waiting until the end is bad IMO. I swing a few drivers to warm up and then play holes, pick targets and go driver, wood/hybrid/long iron, wedge, if I make a bad shot I keep hitting the club until I do well, then start over, I try not to hit any club too...
I don't think cost is such a big issue, a person can buy great used gear for little money and there are plenty of affordable courses. I also don't think time is an issue, 9 holes only takes a little while, 3 par courses can be done in a flash, people have the time if they want it. The game itself is the biggest problem, it bores most people, it's a slow game no matter how fast people try to make it, it's not about action, it's not about machismo, it's not about looking...
It's silly, I like the Beatles but certainly don't care if someone else does or knows them or whatever, it childish drama being thrown at Bubba IMO, trolling.
It's probably a good move for her in that she'll get paid now, and has a chance to become a star outside of golf, but eye candy can come and go in a flash on the big stage, can she be more? we shall see. And it's going to be tough for GC to find a good replacement, they don't have it now, the girl has to be on Holly's level with looks, not be too next door or sporty, and she has to be as charming as Holly, it's going to a dig for them, I certainly don't think Sara Brown...
I'm guilty, not sure why I do it, but I'll stop, I know it bothers people, never again...
I agree that it's just lip service, to make other players happy, in the end if Tiger is swinging a club he's on the team, he certainly does not need to "earn" his way on, he's already done that many times over, he needs to show he's healthy, that's it.
Real grass is hard to find by me, it's mats or nothing, so one has to learn the feel and sound of a good shot off the carpet, and I have, I can tell when players a few stalls away hit it right, and when they're fat, I'm amazed how many continue to hit those fat shots again and again, possibly thinking they're doing well, and then go to chunk the mall, it's really a terrible way to practice for that reason alone, no less the lack of feedback and divots... but it's all we got.
Keep the arms close, fire the right hip towards 3B.
About a 120, it was an 18 hole massacre at Bethpage Blue, waiting 30 minutes per hole on the front did not help this beginner any though, so many crappy golfers playing from the tips, not cool, but I think in the end it was one foursome that killed it for everyone, we noticed the group in front of us skip a hole at the turn and then we saw why, we watched this guy take about 10 practice swings and then punch it somewhere three fairways away, so we skipped them too,...