or Connect

Posts by HawkNballs

I agree on the ball striking.  It is also a big help to have a one way miss.  You can always take one side of the course out of the equation... even when you're not hitting it that great.  
Are the hooks starting right and going left?  or starting left and going left?  You might be pull hooking it.  That's a different beast. 
This ^^^ After awhile... you know you're going to push it right and you flip your wrist to save it.  That's where the duck hook probably comes from. Sounds like you're swinging inside to out.  
I just swing and the ball kind of gets in the way.  I think of the "end of the swing" as being on the target side of the ball when my arms become fully extended... just before being waist high.  From there... momentum just finishes the swing for you.   If you think of the ball as being the end of your swing, you will probably stop shifting your weight and your hands will take over and flip to save the shot.      Just my $.02
It's one of the best drills there is.  The only way it "fixes" anything is for you to notice what you "feel" you are doing to avoid the box.  Do you feel you rotate your hips more?  Do you feel you swing more down the line?  This is how the drill will help you beyond just a quick range fix.  I've actually played a round pretending the box was still there and it worked.     If you hate hauling the box around to the range, you can just put the little ball tray next to the...
The reason the Europeans have been winning is obvious and I'm surprised it hasn't come up yet...   Most of them play with their hats off for some reason. ;)  Let's try it!  Except for Furyk and Stricker.  I don't need to see their heads. 
Boy... Hunter Mahan sure looked uncomfortable next to Phil as he was speaking.  I couldn't tell if he was mad or embarrassed.     Sadly, our country doesn't seem to care about the Ryder Cup.  I bet you could ask people in the street and 80% wouldn't even know what it is.  Most would guess a car or sailing race.  Maybe if people loved the Ryder Cup like we love the Superbowl... kids would grow up dying to play on that team.  Just a thought...     Nobody can honestly...
I didn't like what Phil did, but I was surprised that no players really stuck up for Captain Watson.  They must have agreed with Phil.     If I see Webb Simpson on another Ryder Cup team... I'm going to scratch my eyeballs out with a spork.  Yes... a SPORK.  
I think it was a chump move to do what Phil did.   It's a guessing game when you set up matches.  Unlike the president's cup.  Our golfers need to play better.  Period.    We let GB&I add Europe to make things competitive.  The European team now has twice as much population to choose from as the US does.  It's like a AA all boy high school dominating in sports because they have the same amount of boys to choose from as a AAAA school.     Thumbs down, Phil. 
Personally, I think it may have more to do with the length of the club.  I think that today's drivers are way too long for the high capper.  Try hitting your current driver choked down to the bottom of the grip.  It is a lot easier to control.  A lot more center hits too.     I think the pros only average a 42.5" driver.  Why should we use longer?  This will keep golf teachers employed for life!  ;)