or Connect

Posts by CartShedCop

A few years back, back when I was married to my second wife (cough cough), I used to play two or three times a week with her father and his 11 o'clock senior's group. My father-in-law was the youngest of the group (myself excluded, obviously) and he was in his early 60s. The other gentlemen spanned the upper 60s to darn near 80. It was not uncommon for us to play as five or six 5-somes. That's right, 5-somes... seniors, some walking, some riding, some even had the handicap...
The staggered tees is the idea in the works currently. Myself and my usual group of 5 or 6 have been playing the tips for about a month now just to change it up and hit some different clubs and shots into the greens. We play the same three courses 4 to 5 times a week. Scoring really hasn't changed... in fact I'm going to 6.5 at Midnight tonight (down from a 6.9).In regards to the 6-10s making the birdies, I can vouch... as I am one of them. I'm normally good for 2,3, or 4...
Every other Saturday or Sunday, a group of 12-16 of us get together and have a friendly little skins game. $20 to get in, birdies or better. For the most part we all range from 10s to 3s. It tends to be rather even amongst us playing birdies or better because it's the 8s, 9s, and 10s that actually make a few birdies (along with a few doubles) while the 3s to 5s tend to be more par machines. This weekend however, we have a good buddy of a few of the guys that is going to...
Thanks for all the information and discussion on this matter. One thing that I have learned, especially from the last few posts, is that what I wish more than anything is that the Club(s) that I play and are employed by would do a better job of being on the lookout and policing the sandbaggers. This time of year especially, with all the clubs matches and tournaments on schedule, there seems to be a bumper crop of them. Never have I seen/heard of so many 10+ guys have "the...
Thank you, sir. I had a feeling that might have been the case. Glad I didn't report/post the scores. I guess the thinking is that maybe "you" are more warmed-up, in tune to wind/conditions following the first ball or something... or there may/might be some people that are more likely to fudge in their score keeping if given this opportunity? Who knows the reason... but I am glad I know the answer.
I have a question regarding something that I did yesterday... I was lucky enough to almost have the entire course to myself yesterday due to recent and impending rains. Since there was not going to be anyone behind me for a long while, I decided to play two balls for the entire 18 holes. Now, I was not hitting two from the same location, but actually playing two balls to completion on every hole for 18 holes. The Pro Shop had packed up by the time I completed my round or...
Exactly. Seriously? I guess it at least speaks well of this board that it took THIS long for "those guys" to show up. Those guys are easy to spot and always garner the most laughs and head-shaking from the rest of us. You know the type: lean over the cart with one arm on the roof... almost "trapping" her, stand a BIT too close to the girls while waiting on their beers, the chest puffed out while the gut is sucked in, oh... and usually married... with a parcel of kids....
Something tells me, given your location, that we are talking about the same jack-wagon. I know that he cost Dick's hundreds if not thousands of my golf dollars since I crossed the company off of my list due to his "I'm too good for this store and YOU " attitude.
The only way I knew that there were PGA Pros in the Dick's Sporting Goods that I USED to frequent was when I was getting some information together before I "filed" a complaint against a "Pro" at my local store. A few years back I was in the market for some new(er) gear. I had busted my butt on my part-time lawn care business and business had been good. The Golf Galaxy that I now pour money into was not yet up and running, so Dick's was my spot. Well, I walk in and wish to...
80 (38/40) from "The Tips" today. 133/74.1 and 7200 yards. Second time playing from back there and my mistakes were not due to length or even from having to hit different shots into the greens than I am used to... just a REALLY bad double and two more of those 3-putts that keep me awake at night. Decided last week to give the Tips a shot. My handicap had recently dropped to a 7.3 and I was really just looking to get different views of the courses that I play in a pretty...