or Connect

Posts by CartShedCop

80 (38/40) from "The Tips" today. 133/74.1 and 7200 yards. Second time playing from back there and my mistakes were not due to length or even from having to hit different shots into the greens than I am used to... just a REALLY bad double and two more of those 3-putts that keep me awake at night. Decided last week to give the Tips a shot. My handicap had recently dropped to a 7.3 and I was really just looking to get different views of the courses that I play in a pretty...
80 from 7150yds. Two doubles and 2 three-putts. Ugh!!! So close... so far! Left hand low is hurting my distances (leaving them short) but I'm going to grind through it. Overall it's is a better grip for me... I think...
Not starting THAT debate on such a site as this, but I will allow myself to say that I disagree with you on that last part. I grew up hunting and was exposed to long guns at an early age. Not all people are/were. However, "we" can not and should not "madate" gun safety classes or training onto people (kids) who express NO interest in learning such. Guns are NOT for everyone, nor should they be. Driving classes are not mandatory for people who do not wish to drive. That...
As a 16-year Law Enforcement veteran - one that actively trains and practices with issued AND off-duty weapons, my chances of hitting my target(s) has been proven and shown to only be approximately 25% of the time when under true distress, active gunfighting, or when I do not have "the jump." That's for me... someone who fires pounds of lead down-range every month just to stay sharp; someone who worked crime scenes invloving officer-invloved shootings for nine years... 15...
Wow - this has been one of the most entertaining threads I have read in a while, which is saying a bunch because there is wonderful information and discussion throughout this site. That being said - I have never NEVER EVER EVER seen/read someone "defend" their favorite golf ball like I have been reading here. This thread was meant, I believe, to bring attention to a new line of balls by Calloway. Nothing more. Nothing less. Apparently "Union Jack" takes great offense to...
Right of, and long of that trap is a very sharp drop-off into a heavily wooded (boar sighted in there twice) stand of trees and brush. You need climbing gear. This photo appears to have been taken during the fall or winter. That natural area in season is thick with 3 to 4 feet tall brush and greenery. Also, the course's natural areas are posted as "protected natural habitats" and as such, you are not permitted to venture into or play out of. Barring a decent head wind AND...
Tempo, tempo, tempo! well, for me at least. I am 6'0" and 240. Far from a swimmers body, but I carry it rather well I guess. I am 37 years old. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to realize that I'll not have the limber and lenghty follow-through of Rory, Wie, or any number of other young guns out there. I am an 8 currently and i strike the ball rather far and consistent. Really focusing on the Ball Flight Laws, consistent tempo throughout my bag, and a concerted effort to...
Yep. That's the beast that haunts my hopes and dreams of breaking 80 on/at this course on a regular basis. Ha! I guess I need to clarify a few things: First - the slope from tee(s) to landing area is rather severe; so much so that one can not see the "ideal" landing area from the tee box. This is the reason that for even a "kind of long hitter" like myself, even a 3w - especially this time of year, is a risk. (I say "kind of long hitter" in that while no, I'm not Mr. 300...
That's a solid idea... give everyone a glimpse at what I speak of. It's #16 at The Preserve At Jordan Lake. It's a wonderful course that is challenging to all level of player. There's talk of redoing the hole, specifically the waste area. Apparently I'm not alone in regards to the landing area in relation to the second shot and the lie you are normally faced with when forced to hit hybrid or iron.
Ok, I am going to TRY and be as clear and brief as I can with this New Thread. Here it goes... So there is a hole on one of my local tracks (Semi Private) that just doesn't see eye to eye with me. Yesterday, like many other days, I approached this hole at 1-over on the back. It's the 16th hole so I'm heading in with good number for me and my current game. Here is my beef with the hole's layout and design: It's a Par 5. It travels REALLY down, then REALLY back up. From...