or Connect

Posts by MeridianGT

Although the majority of golfers visiting Scotland are looking to play genuine links courses, I had the pleasure of playing at Newbattle recently for the first time and was very impressed by both the layout and the standard of the golf course.   You will receive a very warm welcome and green fees are $56 per round and $72 for a full days golf. Golf Carts are available.   Well worth a visit. Will be returning myself very soon.
Just another observation about St Andrews, I was born there and now live 20 miles south. I am almost 60 but every time that I am in St Andrews and pass by the Old Course I still feel a sense of exitement. I think that says it all.  
If you are talking about history obviously the Old Course at St Andrews would always be top of the pile, but there are so many other wonderful links courses in Scotland & Ireland it is impossible to say which is the best due to those who have been fortunate enough to play several having their own personal favourites.   You could spend weeks in Scotland going up the east coast from Dunbar in the south to Brora in the north and never play a poor links course. I have never...
Hi Everyone   Ian from the Fife area in Scotland, about 20 minutes from St Andrews. Looking forward to joining in a few discussions.