or Connect

Posts by HardRight

Clubs fault. His swing was perfect, but the clubs kept screwing things up.
That sounds horrific; I'd give up golf, or lose my mind one day and beat the tar out of someone.   I was just looking into joining a local country club. I never considered the possible downside.    I'm a relative newcomer to the game, but I'm always blown away by how nice everyone is, and how easy it is to make friends. I've yet to be paired up with someone who wasn't fun to golf with. Some really good players, some horrible ones, and the rest somewhere in the middle....
At the beginning of each round, amongst the 4 of you, choose two scorers who have to verify each score before teeing off at the next hole.    If you single him out, you are definitely going to negatively affect your relationship with your father. Not worth it.   I'd suggest before you start your next round, someone lightheartedly say ''let's play for a $/hole ($o.25 or whatever)." Then when it's agreed upon, just say "we need to make sure the scoring is super...
Been shooting consistently in the high 80's lately, which I'm really happy with for now...   Today, I shot a 53/53=106.   It was ugly all the way around. Nothing was working for me. My putting stunk, driver stunk, chipping...   I've had 2 rounds of golf this first year that I'm totally embarrassed by; both on the same course (which isn't particularly hard).    I survived. I just don't understand how this was possible. 
I think the best golf outings are when you are striking the ball well, and your buddies are also playing well too.    You can have a great round, but if you know your buddies are really struggling, and frustrated, it kind of ruins it a bit.
I played nine this am at a new course. The most difficult course I've played thus far.  I finished +9.   Very happy with my score. 2 penalty strokes. One was because I didn't know the course well, and the other a horrible tee shot that I pushed out of bounds.   Tierra Rejada in So Cal. A really beautiful course, that I really enjoyed playing. We were the first ones out there, and there was no one in front of, or behind us.    Something about playing golf first thing...
Playing the best 18 of my life;  12th hole, I hit my driver 75 yards out. Approach shot leaves me 50 feet from the pin...   It took me 6 shots to finish from 50 feet out!   I finish with a quadruple bogie after sitting 50 feet from the pin in 2 shots.   Instead of a best ever 85 or 86, I finish with an 89.
My ball striking and putting have really improved recently, but not necessarily reflected in my score yet.   Normally, I kind of play up or down to the level of the guys Im playing with.    Since Im coming up to a year, I decided to really focus today, and play for score, so I could see where my game's at.   I shot an 89 (43 front 9 and 46 on the back). I've shot a better score a handful of times, but today was the best golf I've ever played (but not the best...
I finally started to understand what the terms 'inside-out' and 'outside-in' refer to (I heard the terms often but had not a clue what they really meant)...   I started going to the range to work on hitting the ball from the inside.   Not only did the slice disappear, but it also added 30, 40+ yards to my drives.   I still have to work on it as it's a new swing for me, but after trying just about everything else, including getting lessons, it is so nice to not have...
Clearly, for you, and your needs/schedule, this is a great deal. Jump on it. I also like the idea of paying via a CC, just in case.