or Connect

Posts by CarlOwen

Aside from Phile Mcgleno churlish comments, thanks for your responses. The criticism of the driving range in and of itself is not really an issue. The issue is, it seemed the segregated area for non members signaled an attitude they have toward their guests. It's as if they are saying, "we really don't want non member guests here, but we like the money, so we'll deal with it." Driving up to the starter and waiting 10 minutes past your tee time while simultaneously...
wow, I'm surprised by the responses, as if I should expect to be treated poorly just because it was a TPC course. If you are guest at my club, you are treated with the same courtesy and respect as any full dues paying member. We would never stack up a bunch of guests just because we could. It would reflect poorly on the club. It's not even in the realm of possibility.     If they are creating a dual class at the TPC, they shouldn't even bother letting non members play....
Hi all,   I was at the San Antonio TPC last week and had a very poor experience. Let me explain. We arrived one hour early for a late morning tee time. At the pro shop we paid $640 for two greens fees which included a cart and range balls.  The first thing to rub me the wrong way was that they segregated the driving range. Non members were asked to hit from an area wholly separate and honestly, so far away from the member's range, it felt insulting. Two, we get to the...
you bring up a good point. yes, when I grip too tightly, I hook drives like everyone else. So other than that, I'm not so sure changing to an interlock will help my game. I am under the impression though that it might be the best grip for having small hands.   Having an erratic game, yet a near flawless swing. (according to our club pro and teaching pro) has convinced me something must change. On the course or on the range, my outcomes are very consistent, it is...
we were kids at the time, this what 30 years ago!
 The two most dominant players in either the PGA and LPGA (Rory McIlroy Michelle Wei) use the Interlocking grip. The two most dominant golfers of the past 50 years (Nicklaus and Woods) also use the interlocking grip. As a junior golfer, I used to use it, but if I recall, the other golfers at the time dismissed it as a beginner grip. So as a victim of peer pressure, I dropped it and have used a Vardon grip ever since. Being of shortish stature and not very big (5'9" 165)...
OK,  I was a bit unnerved and rude and I apologise- but I find it completely absurd that a 13 handicapper averages 31 putts a round. I've been around awhile and I have never seen anyone but the best golfers average considerably less than 2 putts per hole. I will stand by this.   As for the original premise of the thread, the poster wishes to get to single digits and wants to know how to get there with a reasonable amount of effort. I submit that decent golfers (low...
he could hit HALF THE GIR and with 31 putts have a low single digit handicap. It makes no sense whatsoever. This tells me he hits only a couple GIR in an entire round, which if is true, shouldn't be offering advice to a new player looking to lower his score.
I disagree with you folks as to Boogielicious, you must be a terrible golfer with a 13 handicap while averaging 31 putts a round. The PGA tour average is about 30 with a scoring average of about 71. I'm a 12, and I average about 40 putts. The only thing that got me out of the 90's forever was getting 4 puts off my card, minimizing 3 putts, learning how to sink 3 and 4 footers 95% of the time and sinking a few 10 to 15 footers. For a golfer who can play competently, and...
assuming you have a decent swing and can hit the ball (judging from your handicap)   There is nothing you can do to lower your score more effectively than learning how to sink putts.  If a course has a par 72 this means 36 of these strokes are putts.   My game really fell apart this year because of a few lessons (don't ask) but I was able to maintain a fairly consistent handicap because my putting was more effective. hopefully next year I can forget what I "learned"...