or Connect

Posts by CarlOwen

Thanks again for the comments. I have a session with our teaching pro on Friday. I'll report then.
I mean to say the ball on the green ends up within 3 feet of where the ball the ball lands. (the divot on the green)
wow, you have all given me a lot to think about! As for distance, it was remarked upon the distance for a 9 iron at 115 sounded geriatric. But as I said earlier, when I hit the ball on a solid pick, I get ALOT of height- much more than my playing partners, so as a result the ball usually ends up very close to the divot (within 3 feet most times) So as some have pointed out, I am unintentionally lofting the club, but strangely it backfires a few times a round and turns...
I've never heard of flipping, and not sure I've ever done it. The issue at hand is nearly all my approach shots are fine, whereas a few per round wind up like line drive bullets. As I said, I tend to pick the ball, so perhaps that means I'm hitting on the upswing? Or maybe it means I just have a tendency to just brush the grass at the bottom of my arc? My ball trajectory on a good clean pick is very high and soft, I usually repair the divot no more than a few feet from...
It seems that every round I have two or three very thin/scull shots into green with 8-PW, and it completely wrecks my score, since the ball will often sail well past the green with a lot of heat (sometimes into OB which means a 7 or 8). For example, I might have a 115 yd shot into the green with a 9 iron, I scull it and it sails 140 yds.   Otherwise, by short irons tend to sail very high and land softly. I might add, I do not take divots, but pick. I would love to get...
Don't quit. I noticed the most of your holes included 3 puts. Even a poor golfer can learn to be a good putter. If you spend an hour a week practicing putting your scores would lower dramatically.   If you converted most from 3 puts to 2 puts with an occasional 1 put, you'd break 50- even with your wildly inconsistent game. Second, that confidence would carry you forward to the next tee.
Every time I'm looking in the OB's, be it lost ball, (or just waiting for others to finish their shots and looking for balls), most times, the balls are Titleist Pro V1 or ProVXs. As a result, nearly all the balls in my bag are Pro V1's
one more thing. If the 10,000 hour participant doesn't have superior emotional/psychological control, no amount of practice will get him to the pros. Most of us know plenty of guys who could shoot scratch golf or better who never came close to making it to the pros.
I find this whole 10,000 hours claim as the only basis for expertise complete nonsense. If the writer were not such a geek (Malcolm Gladwell) and actually participated in sports as a kid and adult, he would know there are just some people who really are gifted either athletically, or psychologically or both. I remember very clearly a couple of kids who just about do anything on the first try, and golf was one of them. This one kid I knew, literally was playing bogey golf...
I feel your pain. I know I'm capable of breaking 80, but never have. I've been close so many times it's ridiculous. Last week I was 7 over after finishing a nice par on 16. What did I do? I doubled the par 3 17th on a really bad break (buried lie in bunker, then hit the rake and rolled back, then two putted) followed by a TRIPLE bogey the par 5 eighteenth. I literally was playing the 18th like someone who just picked up the game that afternoon. The problem is somewhere...