or Connect

Posts by MConstantineJr

It took 5 years to knock my 17 degree 3W 2009 Cleveland launcher out of my bag. The club to do it was the 17 degree 4 wood Callaway X Hot. Off the deck is a breeze.
Crap! Good eye. Alright I have some work to do this weekend. Still pretty happy with the steps I've taken.Also, my target is also to the left. So I guesss I set up closed.
Looking at the golfer to the right he is a little flatter at the top which is an easy adjustment for me. I also think that with the more verticle backswing I tend to ever so slightly start my downsng with my right should a tad OTT but I correct it in time for contact. I just got a little more verticle here because it eliminated my hook. Shifting my weight forward with my recently old super flat swing was a breeze. I will mess around with this theory too. I'll make sure to...
  Touche indeed! Okay, the right foot turned out is a breeze and I will implement that ASAP. Actually I used to have a very turned out right and left foot but for some reason I have gone away from that. I am assuming that tip was in the video which I have not yet been able to watch (work lap top sound is out).  I will start with this change as well as the right hand neutral grip change and post a few swings this weekend. I will also make a conscious effort to get a bit...
Also, at what point to I concede to physical limitations in the backswing? I am to the point where if I get any more turn I will feel uncomfortable and things will feel forced quite a bit. I am generating some really good power with the swing above driving the ball 240-260 (with a scattered 270-300 here and there), 3 wood 220-240, hybrid 210,  5 iron 190 and 7 iron 160 (all laser range finder verified w/slope adjusment). I am parallel with the shaft at the top which I have...
Thanks mvmac. I appreciate the time you took to help me out. A few things about where I stand with my current swing.   I understand what you said about my hook being a pull but I assure you that my pull is really not an issue. When I pull it's only about 5-10 yards left which for now I am willing to deal with. When I get too flat I tend to hook by coming too much from the inside, but I did a good job of not being too flat on the backswing in the above video so I did not...
I've been Playing Golf for: 2 years My current handicap index or average score is: 88-94 My typical ball flight is: High and straight The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Hook I'm hitting a Maltby TE Forged 5 iron at 27 degrees to the blue and white target 200 yards away. My average was about 195 here. Not looking for advice or tips per say. Beginning of this summer I was horrible. Couldn't get an iron off the ground. I've put in countless...
Either one is good but the Mountain is what I would recommend.
I go about it two ways depending on how much club head club-head control I have that day. I either put the ball back in my stance and make about a 1/2 swing with a lower lofted club or I put the ball forward in my stance (if I'm feeling good control that day) and catch a lower lofted club thin promoting a lower ball flight. I prefer catching it thin as when I put it in the back of my stance I can sometimes come down too steep popping it up too much to stay below the obstacle.
I hit the range about 8 times to every 1 outing in which I usually hit 200 plus balls per range session. I start with my Gap wedge. When I'm grooving that I move to my 9 or PW. When I'm grooving that I move to an 8 or 7 and continue this throughout the bag. When I get through the back I grab the scorecard and play a mock round with whatever energy I have left if any. Once in a while I'll start with my long irons and work my way down to Gap and then my woods and hybrids. I...