or Connect

Posts by MConstantineJr

Thanks guys! This is all good stuff. The primary reason for doing this is that with the sale of my house I can pay off my wife's student loans that are brutal, allows my wife to stay at home and raise our son and future kids, and it allows her to go to nursing school which she has always wanted. We can both tolerate the humidity being from the upper Midwest so weather isn't really a concern. I've never heard of the environmental factors south of Arlington until Desmond...
And need some solid advice. Narrowed it down to 4 towns that have great schools. We have a 5 month old son and working on another soon. We are both from small towns in the Chicago and Wisconsin areas respectively. Looking for a similar small town feel but close enough to shopping, golf, etc. Our final choices are Flower Mound, Keller, Mansfield, Midlothian. Home prices don't matter. We stand to make a good sized profit on our current home. What we do want is a pretty good...
My dream is for some day for someone to listen to me and build themselves a set of Maltby TE Forged. They are butter, cut through the turf with ease, and are the most forgiving forged iron I've ever hit. I wish I found them years ago.
My 7 iron at 37.25" and 35 degree loft is between 155-165 yards. That's plenty enough for me. I'm a huge opponent of jacked lofts. I think from the 6 iron down it makes the game harder for higher cappers. Swinging a 5 iron can be like swinging a 3 iron and they have no idea why it's so hard to hit a 5 iron. Sure when they get a hold of 1 they marvel at the fact they just hit a 5 iron 200 yards. But in reality it was most likely a 3 or 4 iron. To clarify I'm not against GI...
Maltby TE forged. Anyone from scratch to 30 can play these. I'm a huge fan and wouldn't consider anything else after much trial and ultimate error with Mizuno, Nike, Wilson, and Adams. They are that easy and forgiving. I promise. And the cost is about $280 shipped new which is a steal. If you want stronger loft by 1 degree over the traditional TE get the DBM (Or DMB can't remember) which have a black finish. Have a buddy who usually is around par. I wish I found these...
My driver swing is completely different than any of my other clubs. With my irons, hybrids, and woods I have verticle swing path keeping the butt of the handle pointing between my toe line and the ball in the backswing. I cannot hit those clubs any other way with consistency. My driver I get a lot flatter and rotate with the butt of handle pointing at the far backside of the ball on my backswing. I have a very strong grip with my driver, woods, hybrid and a slightly strong...
Sounds about what I'll be playing. I may swap out my nike vrs forged AW with a 50 RTX in the future. Maybe even the RTX cavity back to give me a little extra forgiveness from that range. The vrs approach wedges aren't the sleekest. I'd like to have a little less bulk from 118-125. The Maltby Gap will stay put as it's a nice compact shape. I really hate playing 2 sets as much as I love playing 2 sets!
This really wasn't a post for bounce though I really appreciate all the insight and great conversations. I fully understand bounce and currently can hit all types of bounce pretty well depending on the situation and what club and bounce I use. I really just wanted to hear any thoughts if anyone had played ant of those non OEM. I couldn't pass on the Cleveland RTX as they seem to be on every publication and blogs must have list.I really like all Maltby offerings. I love my...
Quick question. Should I go 54 58? Both of my sets have 51 gap wedge and going 3 wedges (using the 52 for chips if I went the route of 3 weI live in Hunters Ridge. The foothills of North Fontana. Sierra Lakes is where I play most often followed by all the desert courses.I went with a 54-12 and 58-12 Cleveland RTX. Brand new for 150 shipped off eBay. Excited to give me a go. Both my Nike vr forged and Maltby TE iron sets have a gap of 51. I can always have my fitter bend 1...
Thanks buddy. I subscribed to the SoCal group. I'm all in for the outting. I play down I'm the desert quite often as a buddy of mine is a member of PGA West.