or Connect

Posts by Mulldog

I just remembered this pure 8 iron i struck on our 9th hole. The hardest green on our course by far. I hit it and instantly said "thats too good, its dead at the flag" Danced around the pin then spun back 5 metres down to the bottom tier (its a huge slope). Two putts. Not happy.
It was the case for me yesterday. Made a regulation Par on the first. 14 pars for the day. Making par felt easy. Last week i bogeyed the first. It felt like I was struggling to make bogey all day. Made 12 bogeys.
When I was 14 I was staying at my uncles over the holidays and he took me to the local Par 3 course. I loved it. My uncle gave me his old set, wooden woods with those plastic inserts, full blade Spalding irons with rusty shafts and a leather bag made from what I assume was elephant skin, so thick and heavy i could barely pick it up. The gem in the set was the bullseye putter! Practiced for months on the school oval at the back of my house. Dad took me out for a round...
Has to be 7 iron. I hit my most pleasing/satisfying shots with this club.
76. 1 birdie. 2 bogeys. 14 pars. Back nine was 8 straight pars and finished with a Triple Bogey. WHY?
Par 5 Second shot. I have 240 yards to Pin and 220 yards to carry bunker at front of green. Lay up would be safe option, but im not playing safe. Crushed 3 iron, flew bunker, middle of green. Easy 2 putt birdie!
    I've been Playing Golf for:​ 6 years My current handicap index or average score is: 5.1 ~76-80 My typical ball flight is: Mid-Low with slight draw, miss is a hook. The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Looking for a higher ball flight in my irons, my miss is either a slight block or low hook. Length is fine. Im only 5'8 and not trying to kid myself in keeping up with the long bombers, it wont happen. I would appreciate any tips that...
9th hole, the signature. Elevated tees to tight fairway. Bombed it long over the fairway bunkers and had 155m left. Pin was in a hard spot, left back, small top tier, only metres from 2 bunkers. 7iron pure shot. Draw from middle of the green and landed on top tier 4ft right of the pin. 1 hop and spun backwards towards the hole, rolled 5 feet past. Birdie. That was the definition of dancing around the pin!
Sat: CR 72.9 Par 71 Slope 124 - Shot 72. 37/35. Fairways and GIR's all day. A good up and down out of bunker for par, couple good chips to save par. 3 birdies and 4 bogeys (which were really lazy at that). Overall quite happy.   Sun: CR 74 Par 72 Slope 135 - Shot 82 41/41. This was a tough course. Brilliant. Played some good holes, found trouble on a few too many. Felt like i only played slightly worse than the day before and it was a 10 shot difference..
382 yards on a par 5. Left with a gap wedge to the green. Driven a Par 4 at 348 yards once. Average ~280.