or Connect

Posts by pecos24

Since my index is about double of yours my blow up holes show up way too often.  I'll give you one of the many that I suffered last night.  I pushed my tee shot into the trees on the right side of the fairway.  My second shot I punched out back into the fairway which left me about 150 to the flag.  I topped the ball on my next shot and dumped it into the ditch that was 50 yds in front of me.  Dropped for my fourth stroke. Got under the ball with my gap wedge and the ball...
Getting awful quiet in here... I think I am talking to myself.     Anyhow I put in 18 tonight after work..it was a roller coaster ride.  I tried to play "smarter" but it didn't do me a lot of good when I muff the "safe" shot.  I had 3 pars and a birdie but those were offset by multiple blow up holes. I shot a 105, 51-54.   I feel a little guilty on one of my pars, they had white tees moved up to the next tee box on a par 3 which turned a 185 yard hole into a 115 yard...
There is another thread out there that goes kind of hand in hand with this one...there are some good tips in there. http://thesandtrap.com/t/71851/how-to-break-100
 Great job!
lol Candian.  I need to do that plus one other person would have to take a shoe off.  32.2 down from 33.1 last revision.  
  Two in a row, nice!  I am getting jealous.  
Sounds like most everyone is improving, keep it up!    I had a sub 90's round in my grasp this morning and I threw it away.  Made me sick.  I was trying very hard not to look too closely at my score, but I knew I was playing well for me.  I wish I would have looked at my score after 17, maybe I would have made better decisions on 18.  I had a 92 going into the last hole, a par 4.  I had been hitting my driver well all morning so I pulled it out again and I hit it off the...
We were visiting relatives in Milwaukee, WI, when I was around 10 years old.  I got bored and took a walk to a near by golf course and watched some guys tee off and thought that would be neat to try. Unfortunately at the time we lived in the middle of no where. The closest golf course was probably 70+ miles away.    Fast forward to my junior year of high school, when me and my friends found out anyone could join the golf team at the small school we were attending.  Free...
Nice on the 92! I am going to have start thinking about getting a net so I can practice more at home.  I have about enough room to hit a sand wedge and that is about it.
Played league last night and shot a 54 from the blues, one under my handicap.  Happy with that I guess, still want those 40's scores for 9 holes.   I had 3 blow up holes, 2 of them water balls and on the other I chunked an approach shot, left my pitch short and 3 putted.      On the water ball holes, the 1st one I pushed a tee shot into a hazard; the second I pulled a 4I into a pond.  I didn't think I pushing my luck with either shot but I guess I could have teed off...