or Connect

Posts by lhagsjr

I looked up John Dunigan as I was curious. He is 45 minutes from my house which is not a big deal at all. I looked at his site and his program is basically 2500. Is that expensive? Yes. Would I spend it in a second if it guaranteed good results? Yes.     What is the connection with John?
Iacas,      I really enjoy your feedback. The is the part im struggling with. Actually coming up with a plan to get better. Putting the work in is not an issue. I go to the range almost every other day in the spring/summer/fall even. To be honest, money for lessons is not an issue. I am very passionate about getting better, Im just not sure how to do it....
Iacas. Thanks for your reply. I 100% believe in my instructor. I do. I know the guys you are talking about. He is not like that. He charges 80 a lesson and has serious film work and hes not asking me to come every 2 weeks. This was my plan.
DRV,    Thanks for your great response:   1.) I love being on a golf course.   2.) This first year I didn't really improve at all in my opinion but I did learn a lot. I know the basics of a setup and I now know what "good contact" is. I can say before I went to my instructor(the 2nd one) in August I don't think I ever hit a ball on the sweet spot.  This has been a good and bad experience. The good is I now know what its suppose to feel like. The bad is when I don't...
Im going to make a serious commitment on Saturday. I believe in my instructor(the 2nd one). I forever whatever reason cannot take my success when with him to the range or the course but I only had 3 lessons with him and they were far apart. It is pretty much the end of the golfing season here(Philly). Im going to buy a 10 pack of lessons(for the price of 8) and go religiously to him every 2 weeks. My goal is to be respectable(contact wise) by spring. If I cant reach that...
First picked up a club in August of 2013. I have taken 10 one hour lessons with 2 different PGA pros. (7 with the first one and 3 with the 2nd one). I honestly feel I have not gotten anywhere. I feel like I have moved no closer to getting a consistent swing. A lot of it is me doing it to myself. I go get a lesson, after about 15 minutes Im hitting the ball well with the pro. 2 days later I struggle on the range by myself to improve what I learned. Then I start changing...
Hawk,    I tried the thing at the range you talk about and its made out of iron and I hit it once and dinged up my club :). I agree with you it works at the range. The challenge is to be able to do it when its not there obviously. I just started doing it(and it works) but was wondering what you do on the course. Good to hear you just imagine its there. I assume after using the box for 1000s of balls it becomes easier to do without it....
if your new go right to a pro and get lessons so you dont develop bad happens right away...
 Does anyone have some advice on how to get the most out of them? I bought a large bucket today which consists of about 125 balls. It was going great for about the first 75 balls. I worked in almost every club(wedges/short irons/med irons/hyrbrids/driver) and was hitting everything solid. Then I started over again and got to 7 iron and started hitting those weak shots to the right and pounding the box. Im not sure why. Possibly tired?   IF you hit about 50-75 balls well...
Jaime,   Put a box an inch outside the ball and just swing obviously avoid hitting the box both taking the club away and on the downswing. More importantly downswing. You are hitting it too close to the heel due to swing path issues. The box makes you take the right path. I have all the same issues as you do. The box drill is great.     ~ Hags