or Connect

Posts by lhagsjr

Hawk,    I tried the thing at the range you talk about and its made out of iron and I hit it once and dinged up my club :). I agree with you it works at the range. The challenge is to be able to do it when its not there obviously. I just started doing it(and it works) but was wondering what you do on the course. Good to hear you just imagine its there. I assume after using the box for 1000s of balls it becomes easier to do without it....
if your new go right to a pro and get lessons so you dont develop bad happens right away...
 Does anyone have some advice on how to get the most out of them? I bought a large bucket today which consists of about 125 balls. It was going great for about the first 75 balls. I worked in almost every club(wedges/short irons/med irons/hyrbrids/driver) and was hitting everything solid. Then I started over again and got to 7 iron and started hitting those weak shots to the right and pounding the box. Im not sure why. Possibly tired?   IF you hit about 50-75 balls well...
Jaime,   Put a box an inch outside the ball and just swing obviously avoid hitting the box both taking the club away and on the downswing. More importantly downswing. You are hitting it too close to the heel due to swing path issues. The box makes you take the right path. I have all the same issues as you do. The box drill is great.     ~ Hags
^^^ HAHAHA
how long did you do it until you were "cured"
Has anyone else done the box drill? You literally put a box less then an inch from the outside of the ball and swing. This has done wonders for my swing. Does anyone know what its training my body to do? My instructor had me do it in reaction to hitting the ball too close to the heel of the club....
not looking for a miracle, just solid contact for now... I fell off the wagon
wow this sounds like me coming from another person.
its nice to hear this happens to someone else. I can go to the range on a Tuesday night and hit the ball better then I ever have in my life and think to myself "I got it finally". Then the next night I hit hosel rockets with zero power. I have no clue why. Of course the downtime usually happens right before Im suppose to play...