or Connect

Posts by lhagsjr

I hope everyone is doing well and their golf games are improving! Even though its cold here in Philadelphia I have been putting in a ton of work.I have made very small strides in my game but strides nonetheless. I feel like I can narrow my issues down to 2 although they are big ones. If the pros could correct me if I am wrong regarding the downswing:   1.) First you shift your weight to start downswing. Everyone does this differently. Firing hips, bumping hips,...
Hacker you are 100% correct. Its exactly the same. If you bump your hips then hands drop automatically. If you drop your hands the hips bump forward automatically. I was trying to initiate the downswing by bumping my hips and I was completely out of whack. I reversed it and let my hands drop via gravity from the top into the slot and it automatically bumped my hips forward. It has made my swing so much smoother. Its a personal preference. Neither is right or wrong. I found...
Savvvy you are 100% correct. I was forcing too much of a shoulder turn because I was "trained" to make a full turn. My instructor can never accuse me of not listening. Any tip he gives me I master. I have had 5 lessons and Im thrilled with the improvement but it just takes time. For example when I first went there my grip was terrible and I didnt release the club/turn my hands over at all. The next time I saw him I was turning everything over too much. Pull the ball big...
Thank you Mike. I never really thought about the right hip turning around enough, Ive been focusing on making sure my left shoulder is turning enough. This make sense as sometimes I feel like Im turning my left side but it doesn't feel right, Makes sense about the hip idea because that means my left side is turning enough but not my right...     I feel like the balance thing is something so stupid at setup. Ill try flaring out my feet more     Thanks again
Hello All,       I haven't been on here much in the last couple weeks. I joined a Country Club and even though its cold here in Philadelphia, I am putting some serious time in at the range. I am going everyday. I decided to not "give up" with golf but to make a 100% commitment to improving. I love it to much and I have only been at it for a year. I am finally making some very slow progress. I no longer get into those funks where all I do it shank it. My contact is not...
this makes sense. My instructor has narrowed me down to 2 issues:   1.) Sometimes I get to handsy and throw my hands at the ball too quickly   2.) HE states I don't turn all the way through the ball, like I stop...     #2 seems to be the big issue which also would make sense as to why the ball is going right at time because im not finishing. The issue is Im not sure how to make that last move getting all the way through the ball....
Im sure this question has been asked many of times but Im doing pretty well the last couple of weeks with my practice sessions. My issue currently is I feel like Im getting a little stuck in the downswing which is causing some blocks to the right. Not crazy/awful blocks but blocks nonetheless. What is the root cause of "getting stuck" in downswing in most cases?
its 100% bad practice. I made a major commitment. I joined a CC. The one my instructor works at. Im all in for at least the next 14 months.
I looked up John Dunigan as I was curious. He is 45 minutes from my house which is not a big deal at all. I looked at his site and his program is basically 2500. Is that expensive? Yes. Would I spend it in a second if it guaranteed good results? Yes.     What is the connection with John?
Iacas,      I really enjoy your feedback. The is the part im struggling with. Actually coming up with a plan to get better. Putting the work in is not an issue. I go to the range almost every other day in the spring/summer/fall even. To be honest, money for lessons is not an issue. I am very passionate about getting better, Im just not sure how to do it....