or Connect

Posts by lowriderjim

I won't use a tee that a previously player left sticking on the tee.  I will pick it up but will not use it on that hole.  This does not bring me any magic. I am still a terrible golfer but I still love the game.
I saw instruction by Dave Pelz where he demonstrated his straight back straight through method with a swinging door example.   His demo showed that a door hinged at the top hit the ball straight and a door hinged so it swings in an arc that required the ball position to be at the same spot without any variance in ball position.   This method made sense to me and removed the variable of ball position. When I used a putting thought of an arc swing I over controlled the...
Low Rider was the model of Harley I rode 20 years ago.  Jim is I. 
I played for a month with the dreaded "S" .   I finally found a tip that used a cardboard box (golf club box works well) on the outside of the line.  By avoiding this visual I was able to correct an in-to-out swing that was bringing the hosel into play. Simple tip, worked for me.
I don't mind traps that are placed to catch errant shots that would run into the "jungle" if the trap were not there.   Having said that, the course I play has packed gravel traps that have lips which precludes putting.  Yes, they are curse holes. 
It seems to me that their short product cycle, which comes with an R&D and Manufacturing costs, did not translate into higher sales.   I did find it curious that the CEO statement was that that it was market conditions not bad business decisions.  That runs counter to my first statement.   I do play TM equipment but several models old.
Just recently started playing without a glove.  I still carry a glove in case I get sweaty hands.     I recently changed grips to GP CP2 midsize and don't notice being glove-less.     I don't feel that glove/no glove makes any difference in any way but that is just my opinion.
Last round 46 with 14 putts.  Had two kick in chips.  No penalties, no lost balls.   Hit zero greens.  Need to work on this.   Working on extending swing back and through.   Believe I can break 100 on a regular basis but aiming for bogey-max to consider myself recovered from five years of illness.
Had a 47/49.  Played well, for me, except for putting.  I putted poorly.  I did not track putts but would estimate 50+.   I am breaking 100 but still consider myself a 100 shooter.   I did play all 18 with one ball and zero penalties.
Shot 45/50 today  Blew four chips on the front and had four three-putts on the back. Putts were 16/21.  The 16 putts on the front nine give me the confidence that I can putt.  Didn't make any long bombs, just solid first putts.   Had only one penalty. Will continue to work on short game.  Believe I can get to boogie by  the end of the this season (or soon).