or Connect

Posts by hoofreak7

16th at The Ocean Course at Kiawah   18th Green Ocean Course   17th Hole at Waterville Golf links in Ireland   18th Tee Waterville     12th Tee at Druid's Glen in Ireland   View of the Celtic Cross Flowerbed in the background   1st Hole at The Island Golf Links outside of Dublin. Toughest course I've ever played. Exhausting.   #13 at The Island. When I played it it was about 220 yards into the wind (and as you can...
I think South Carolina has to be first for a number of reasons. First of all, for a relatively small state, it has an absurd amount of very good golf courses. Florida has a lot, but I'd say 70-80% of them are just decent and on retirement communities. From Myrtle, to Pawley's, to Kiawah, to Hilton Head, great courses everywhere. So many people flock to SC every month, that it just has to be #1. Plus, golf is pretty much what it is known for. My list would look...
I have only been to a couple but I know people who have gone to others.    One's I've been to:   Kiawah- One of my favorite trips ever. Some, because of the # of courses on a small island/area, assume Kiawah is really just a golf spot (ie Myrtle). But I was amazed with how good of an all around resort it was. Great food, plenty of non-golfing activites, close to Charleston, nice people, etc. Obviously, the golf is great too. The Ocean Course was probably worth...
This is one of the most entertaining tournaments I've seen. Donald's 3 at 18 is one of the best ever.
Sucks for Rory that he's got to try and defend a lead while playing with the second biggest A$$ on tour (to Tiger of course).
Phil can't buy a putt. Easy (makeable) putts missed today- 11 for par, 12 for birdie, 13 for birdie, 14 for birdie, 16 for birdie. He should be at around -6 with the looks he's been getting. He hasn't played himself out of it by any means, but he would be sitting pretty if he had taken advantage. Stupid analysts saying "he's not driving it straight enough". Who cares? He's still been getting good looks at birdie. 
I live in Richmond, go to UVA, so Spring Creek is in between. It might be far but if this is you're from far away, it's definitely worth the drive. In my eyes, it's the best public course (and it's cheap) in the state and it's not even close. It's still young, but give it some time (and a clubhouse) and people will know about it. Definitely a PGA tour caliber course.    If you wanna stay close, go Lake Presidential.
I'm going to stay at Doral for the WGC-Cadillac Championship next Thursday-Sunday. Anyone ever been before? What's it like? Any pointers? I don't have tee times yet; I'm waiting to see the pairings for the tournament to see when I want to play. Obviously I can't play the Blue Monster (also the Red is closed, as well as one more rotating per day for member use), which ones should I try and play? Thanks 
The Legends courses are fun and I'm sure you can find a good deal. I've only played the Moorland, but I've heard nothing but good things abut the other two (although Moorland's probably the best). Also, River Club is a fun little track in good shape. Still, nothing beats Caledonia in or around Myrtle. Absolute masterpiece. Worth every penny.
When I was playing in Ireland, I went to press the mode button for Pinseeker mode, pressed it, and it just got stuck in the "pressed" position. It is still stuck and I have no idea what to do. It doesn't work now at all. It's still under warranty so should I call Bushnell up?