or Connect

Posts by ryunin

You might find this interesting: http://www.cegolf.com/getmost.htm   And other articles by this golf teacher about how to learn golf are in my opinion eye-opening. 
I think I found out what slowed my swing with two hands. I compared the two again yesterday and while my right arm solo makes a good lag, my left arm solo produced almost none. Then with two arms the left arm prevents the right one to make that nice lag, hence the slowing of the swing. Maybe most people thought that my OP was irrelevant or silly but I think I found a big mistake in my swing through this problem.     
Anyway if I can ask the kind members to grab any kind of stick, and compare the swing one handed and two handed. If anyone is able to swing the stick two handed with the same speed as one handed, I'd like to know how they do it.  And if they can do it, their swing with two hands and a club may be bettter than the swing of those who swing a stick or shaft faster with one hand.    
Thank you for your reaction. I have no doubt that with two hands one is more precise, I would just like to know if it makes sense that one is faster with one hand or does a really good - say scratch golfer - swing as fast with one hand as they swing with two hands, in other words, does the necessity of two hands slow down the swing: Maybe with a real club it is possible and fairly easy to find the same speed, but impossible with a light shaft as there is no weight at the...
This puzzles me. I decided to try a gripped shaft to practice natural, "swinging"  swing with the correct hip rotation, nice lag, weight shift etc. It seems everything is more natural, easier with the one handed swing with a shaft. I have almost no problem to clear my hips naturally and shift weight naturally. I can see this when I compare a video of my one handed swing with a shaft and two handed swing with a club, The longer the club, the more difficult it is and my...
The reason I see so many long hitter at the range is probably, as we discussed this with a friend golfer, that a typical golfer who doesn't hit very far, doesn't practice on the driving range, at least in our country. They just play at a golf course and don't practice much. The guys who come to practice at the range are usually keen, enthusiastic golfers who enjoy driving long with everything. Plus the fence is probably not 270 yards, but 250 yards and maybe my eyes just...
I have asked a Czech friend of mine, a good golfer  and he confirmed what you guys are saying about the distance. There are long hitters but the average, he says, is also about 210 yards or so. That means I am not so far from the average. The hot guns who I often see at the driving range are probably just a few guys who nejoy showing off their distance and the guys who are average, for some reason, don't practice with the driver or go somewhere else. Next time I see a...
Thank you for this tip. I'll try that.  
So what would be an average swing speed of a middle aged 15 handicapper?  At the driving range where I practice an average guy with a driver reachers 264 carry or more. I thought that was pretty normal with guys who have been playing golf for a few years regularly. Actually, I have never seen anyone driven as short as myself with the driver, except complete beginners. Everyone at the range shoots comfortable over 250 yards, so I thought 100 mph is still a bit too slow for...
I didn't want to brag or anything. I just know when I swing at my normal swing, the TrackMan or whatever it was recorded 75 mph or so. When I practice without a ball and decide to swing faster, I can hear and feel I swing much, much faster, but maybe you'r right, it may be just 10 mph difference.