or Connect

Posts by ryunin

I can imagine my banana ice-cream ball tip doesn't work very well.    I think this is a great video with very simple and logical tips on how to swing rather than hit.  
Thank you, I will do that. They'll feel better and probably the right length anyway.  
I have almost the same problem, although I have only played for a year. I realize that without a ball and on grass I naturally shift weight, relax and swing through. If an invisible ball was there I would probably collect it on my way and the ball would be hit solidly. But with a real ball there I feel tense and feel I should hit the ball. I know I shouldn't but the mental issue is already sitting in my brain.    So I think the problem is absolutely not the technique,...
Thank you for replying. The company doesn't offer swing weight adjustments and I don't know what the standard length swingweight is. I looked for anwers on google about what happens if a club is longer than standard and extenstions etc and it all sounds like the swingweight is different, so what the company probably does, they add extension or just use longer shafts without adjusting the swingweight. Originally, I just thought half an inch longer would be a good idea only...
I ordered a set of Forgan 150 steel irons from Forgan St Andrews. As a fitter in a golf shop (static fitting, no stance or swing checked) had told me that I should have half an inch longer clubs, I made use of the offer of Forgan company to order the set of irons with half an inch longer shafts -  they let you choose different specs including lie. Now I clearly see, given my stance checked by a pro, that they are not only half an inch too long, but the lie is off, too. I...
I am very sympathetic with the OP. At the beginning I practiced without a pro for a year. I must say that after having my first lesson, it wasn't about fixing mistakes and how difficult to get rid of them, rather it was about not doing things properly enough, not enough movement here, not enough movement there... So although I 'd learned to keep my elbows stiff for a year, I am surprised how quickly I unlearned this bad habbit. Now when I grab the club, first thing is that...
Plus, with this technique there is no danger you'll get used to bouncing the clubhead behind the ball and getting away with it. You feel very clearly whether you've hit the mat before the ball or after the ball. As I said before, when the ball is hit correctly, you don't even feel you've hit the mat, as the compression of the ball is your last and strongest memory. You feel absolutely no resistance from the ball or the mat. It feels a bit like hitting a kind of jelly ball,...
I know this is nothing new - taking a divot is something I have heard about at least a million times. What is new to me to do it when practicing hitting balls off the mat. I mean what else are we supposed to do when hitting the ball off the mat? Nobody has ever told me to hit a spot in front of the ball on the mat. I only noticed most golfers hit the mat at the driving range and even my first teacher told me to hit the mat, but he didn't tell me where to hit it and how...
I'd like to share this story and ask for your opinions. I'd been practicing golf without a teacher, rather a texbook, online instruction and videos for about a year.  A month ago this teacher at this driving reange where I go every week gave me a great tip for driving. He managed to make me hit several straight drives in a row. Wow. I thought this guy must be something. I decided to give it a try and have my first lesson. ( Up to that point my HCP if anyone would try to...
All cool now! Today I went to the driving range where I bought the driver - demoed and ordered and bought. The woman was there. She was apologizing and said the configuration I ordered was not possible to get from the UK, they don't offer that combination of loft, shaft, etc. I know that is not an excuse. I told her that I had already decided to keep this club.   This problem has two aspects. Getting what I didn't order. There is no debate about that. Under normal...