or Connect

Posts by mnguy19

This is great advice, especially the serving tray wrist motion. I would only add that you make sure you are fully releasing the club at impact and beyond, you may have to be deliberate in the release to feel like you are slapping or whipping the ball at impact. The serving tray is the set up and the release will give you the power and trajectory. Also, if you feel like you start your takeaway with your arms and not your torso, reverse it. Don't try to muscle it on the...
Two easy things worked well for me (I still slice from time to time but that's a lack of focus on my part) when I use them.   One was my backswing or takeaway: while I am coming back with the club, once my right arm starts bending I allow my right wrist to also starting bending back; in one video I heard it described as "holding a platter of dishes). Now on the downswing make absolutely sure you are fully releasing the club. Sometimes before I swing I let the club swing...
So today I went to golfsmith because I was interested in getting my driver shortened for better control (I'm 5'8"). After swinging the club a few times for the golf pro we both noticed I was hitting the ball of the top outer edge of the driver consistently. He had me lower the tee and address the ball near the hosel and I hit it right on the screws. We decided against shortening the shaft at this point.   After, I went to the driving range to try out my Cleveland Classic...
Thanks, I think I'll post my swing to that thread you mentioned.
Recently I have decided to get back into golfing after having not played since I was about 13. I never really played much to begin with so for all intents and purposes, I'm a beginner. Anyways, I started going to the range pretty often and while my swing obviously needed work, I was still hitting some good shots every fourth or fifth shot.   After running the youtube golf advice gauntlet, I think I screwed myself up somehow because the 2nd to last time out I was swinging...