or Connect

Posts by onkey

They still make them, but now they are called the Project "a".  They were my ball of choice until about six months ago. Now I'd say the best bang for you buck has got to be the Snell "My Tour" ball.
Agreed.  This is one of the most bizarre stories I've ever heard.  Who the hell takes practice putts before they've finished the hole?
8.5 to 7.9, down from 11.0 at the start of the year. Keep expecting it all to fall apart but am quietly optimistic that it might still get better.
1. Attained - my handicap has been in the single digits since the first of May and is currently at 7.92. So far I only endured a couple of rounds of feeling lost but was able to right the ship fairly quickly3. My brother doesn't want to have anything to do with playing against me right now I cannot overstate the value of lessons from a the right professional.  My handicap has dropped 3 strokes this year and a total of 5 over the past two years. I am thinking less and...
It took me 31 years, but I probably only averaged 10 rounds per year over that span as I didn't quite have the fever I do now.
That sums up my game pretty well.  I'm down to 8.7 from 12.3 from a year ago, but I don't feel like I am actually any better than I was last year.
Once your shoulders stop turning your backswing should stop--any further and your swing will be "all arms".  When you swing a baseball bat/tennis racket, do you bend/wrap your arms around your body for more power?  When you continue on past your shoulder turn,you don't get any more power, you only make it harder to get your swing in synch.
I play in enough scramble type events with guys in the 9-12 handicap range to know that the length of the course will take its toll.  Approaches longer than 170 yds will be common and will be a hard test to overcome consistently.  The up and downs that would be required will really tough from Open rough and Open greens.     This would be a very humbling event for those 6-9 handicaps and would demonstrate just how amazing the tour pros are.
I hadn't considered that someone might simply forget.  I normally rake immediately after hitting (before I put my club in my bag, mark my ball, anything).  I take the rake in the trap with me and have no choice but to pick it up and rake after the shot.  It is no different than climbing in the driver seat and putting on my seatbelt--it's automatic.  Is this not the norm?
While I appreciate that my fellow rakers are quick to speak up, I'm still very curious as to why the non-rakers make that choice. Is it:   - I don't really know how to do this, so I won't bother - They pay people to fix these things - The rakes aren't close enough - If I had a caddy, he'd take care of it - I didn't dig in too deep, it should be fine as it is - Raking takes too much time - ???