or Connect

Posts by zeitgeist

My right hand is hurting. It's an 'arthritic' ache. But just in the right hand. Started with this golf league I just joined, so I know it's related to golf (I also play drums once or twice a week, so it could be a combination of the two, or maybe the drums doesn't help it or aggravates it further).   I play a round of golf on Monday evening (9 holes), and then a small par 3 round on Sat or Sun to prepare for the Monday round. I'm not like the guy up there hitting 150...
The problem with raising on toes, is that you're body raises up, robbing you of power (first), and increasing your chances of topping the ball (second). I blame this heavily for creating the off-balance situation. Some people have issues with toe-walking, and others just naturally walk on the balls of their feet rather than the heel. They (like me) are prone to raising up, and keeping heels planted is a constant battle because our weight is just naturally forward, and not...
About 2011, I decided to give golf a more dedicated shot, after spending numerous years in "Dad mode" doing little league sports, cub scouts, etc. The kids were getting older, so I bought some nice clubs, and started playing a par 3 course to develop the short game. I also had a 'personal coach', in the form of a friend of mine who is a scratch golfer.   We worked on fixing a sway in 2011. Then, in 2012, the company shut down and he moved. I continued on, using video...