or Connect

Posts by Harp stein

Well said and agree 100%. Here in Ohio I can play a round for under $30 at a variety of courses that are well-maintained. Used clubs are cheap on EBay. Real incomes have been dropping since the late 90s, we've been living in a perpetually under-performing economy for the past 6 years. And if you look at Japan's experience since the 80s, it's questionable if that will change anytime soon. I do think though that options requiring less time would boost the game. Not saying...
I don't know how long it takes to tape the show, but if you're really serious it's probably not worth the time away from practice unless you win the whole thing.   I think Anthony knew there was water, because right after he hit it he said essentially "Carry! boy I don't know if it has enough"
I don't think he had to carry the water, it looked to me like his hybrid was actually 10 yards long of the pin. He just pulled it left a bit into the water. You could tell he was terrified of Emily and over-thought that last hole, because he did not want to go into a playoff. From his comments prior to the shot, he didn't see that she had no good place to stand for that shot. She was 150 out hitting 2 and birdie would have been pretty easy if her ball had stopped a yard...
His takeaway on that first drive was insanely steep, and I noticed he was jumping up off at least his front foot on just about every hit. He did seem to be one of the better players, but he sure has an ugly swing. I haven't watched much of the show, but found the last few episodes compelling. I'm sure editing plays a role, but he seems like the classic loud-mouth that underneath lacks self-confidence. He couldn't stop talking about how he was the best player out there and...
I'm trying to not make this an "off season," hoping to play at least once per month in Dec/Jan/Feb but also not willing to play in the rain or below 40 degrees so might be a challenge.   New shoes for me and planning to try out 5 new golf balls; Pro V1, Pro V1x, NXT Tour, Bridgestone e6 and Bridgestone e7. Probably filter that list down a bit once I get on a launch monitor and get some concrete stats on my swing, we'll see. Also debating getting a used blade putter off...
I guess to clarify my question, which should come first? Getting fit then learning to putt or learning to putt then getting fit? The former makes more sense to me, but curious how others have done it.
I'm looking to improve my putting. Right now I use a 36" White Hot (mallet putter) that I bought at Golf Galaxy about 10 years ago, after trying a few out there for a half hour. I struggle with distance control on putts over 20 feet and struggle with intended direction in the 1-5 ft range, which seems to be the area where good players make putts consistently.   Late in the season this year I started choking down on it and seemed to get more consistent. It feels too heavy...
 I keep wanting to try it, how do you handle the video recording piece? I have 1 camcorder and it's fine for family stuff but nowhere near the speed of a GoPro. I've used it at the range in the past, the frame rate makes it impossible to see the swing in much detail. No money in the budget for a GoPro, are there other options that don't require a big investment in recording equipment?
43+40=83 to close out the season! Best round of the year, good way to end it I'd say. Hitting my driver either straight or slight fade, and finally found my iron swing again. Now if I can just hold onto it until Spring!
 Wow, poor guy can't win with this crowd. Everyone was complaining awhile back about him not sharing enough details of his training. When he writes a technical post with details about his training, people blow a gasket because he's being too detailed? WTF...