or Connect

Posts by Harp stein

43+40=83 to close out the season! Best round of the year, good way to end it I'd say. Hitting my driver either straight or slight fade, and finally found my iron swing again. Now if I can just hold onto it until Spring!
 Wow, poor guy can't win with this crowd. Everyone was complaining awhile back about him not sharing enough details of his training. When he writes a technical post with details about his training, people blow a gasket because he's being too detailed? WTF...
Looking at it from the other side, and I don't play much during the busy times, but it's difficult to let people play through on busy days. If there's not a gap of at least 2 holes, then you're just trading spots in line which means their round is now 15m longer because they're waiting on one more group (yours) in front of them.   Now, having said that I played with 3 players I'd never played with before a couple weeks back, and was shocked when one of them kind of threw...
10.5 right now, I've tried my driver at 9.5 on the range and not really noticed a difference from 10.5 so I keep it higher with the hope that maybe it cuts down on my fade/slice..
I'm looking forward to it, should be fun and I play the course in a league so pretty comfortable out there.   Since we appear to have a couple GN "experts" on the thread, I'm curious if they require that courses not give discounted rates to folks not booking through GN?   I've played a certain course a couple times on weekdays for $20 and every time when I pay they give me a $20 coupon to play again without having to book through GN. It's actually $20 for 4 people...
Much better, I seem to have "locked in" bogey golf this season which is an accomplishment considering my first 3 times out this year were 47/55/54. After that 2nd 50+ I got fed up and with the kids older now felt comfortable investing some time in my golf game for the first time in maybe 15 yrs.   Took 2 lessons at GG Started hitting the range almost once per week during lunch hour Bought a used Nike Covert 2.0 (had been using an offset Burner from ~2001) Had my...
It's booked, thanks to everyone for the great feedback!
I'm looking to golf this weekend, can't find anybody to go with so on my own. There's an 8a tee time on GolfNow but it's for only 1 person, which I assume means they already have a 3-some scheduled for that slot.   What's the ruling on me booking that 4th spot? Is that no big deal or do you think the 3-some would be pissed that a 4th random person is joining their group?
A few weeks back, had a guy hit the ladies tee marker on a par 3, which sent the ball straight back past him (barely missed me as well) into a rock wall where the ball bounced back past us a 2nd time and ended about 20 yds out in the fairway. Then 3 holes later he shanked a driver about 45 degrees left, directly at a house where the home owner was standing right there watering his garden. I'm sitting in the cart, see the ball coming and before I can even yell fore it hits...
Does anyone have experience with using something like stableford scoring to set handicaps, as one possible way to "fix" the issue with handicapping in match play. Several have already mentioned it, the issue seems to be that in match play no matter how bad a hole you have, the worst outcome is you lose 1 point. My typical 9-hole league night, I shoot either +4 (ish) or +9 (ish) and the difference is one hole where I shank a drive (or 2 drives) into the woods or dump a ball...