or Connect

Posts by short iron

I like the idea of a adjustable driver. I been looking at some online. But that brings me to this question. What do I choose? The type with a adjustable sleeve? Or the type that you move the weights around?                                                                               Thank you.
   I'm new to golf. Just started playing a few months ago. So I don't know a lot about golf. But I do have a thought about a offset driver.   If a guy like me is slicing on 50% of my tee shots. I'd have to agree with a lot of others. Stick with a neutral driver, and to learn and correct what's wrong with my swing. Because that's what I want. A perfect swing. But if a offset driver is suppose to help me from slicing do to a bad swing. Can a guy still use one while he/she...
   The 1st book I read was a book called Golf Fore!! Beginners: the fundamentals by Stephen J. Rutherber. It was ok. But for some reason I would slice the ball far right. So then I would start aiming to the left of the fairway, so if I did slice I'd still have a chance of landing on the fairway. I knew my club head must have been opened on impact, but try as I might, I just couldn't seem to get it square.    Then I read this book, Ben Hogan's Five Lesson's. It showed me...
I have a 65 yard area in my yard to hit. I use the almost golf balls. Anything longer then my 9 iron will hit them right out of the yard, across the gravel road and into the soy bean field. Once in there, they're lost till harvest time. I have smacked a few of them with my driver and woods just to see how they do. I think for some reason the irons hit them farther then woods & drivers. But I do like these balls. They fly good and are fun to hit. I just think you would need...
Yes! Golf is a lot harder then what it looks like on TV. But it's a lot more fun to play it, then to watch it (so far). I guess I'm not good enough to get really mad yet. I don't have to worry about blowing a good score on a bad hole, because I haven't had a good score yet.  The local course I play at is Clover Meadows Golf Course in Cloverdale, Indiana. From the red tee, and yes I play from the red tee. I'll move back to the next tee when I think I'm ready. The course...
I'm new to the game (3 nine hole rounds so far). I noticed that I too get the jitters on the 1st two holes or so. The two things that make my jitters go away are. 1) I get a good hit. 2) by the end of the 2nd hole, I'm so frustrated I forget about the jitters.
Saturday I played my 3rd game ever. I shot 9 holes and scored a 62. I don't know if this is good or bad for a beginner? But I felt good about it.
I'm a warehouse worker and I live in Belle Union Indiana. I'm 53 years old and just started playing golf. Playing video golf (I currently play WGT, game id boxkite) is what sparked my interest in to wanting to play real golf.  I helped a non golfing friend of mine clean out a storage unit and ended up with four complete set of clubs for my services. Sorry no brand names. I got a old set of hippo John Daly's. I gave these ones to my brother so I'd have someone to play golf...
 I'm 52 and just started playing golf. Don't know why I waited so long. This games a blast. As of now I have played two 9 hole rounds. I have 3 trophy balls. My 1st game, My 1st fairway shot, and my 1st GIR. This week when I go, I hope to get my 1st par and/or birdie.