or Connect

Posts by GoodGuyGreg45

I too had the goal of breaking 85 as my best score previously was an 87. It felt like I blew past my goal when I shot an 80 a few weeks ago. It really does make a difference when you play your second shot from in or near the fairway instead of in the trees or your third from the tee. I focused on putting the ball in play by choking down a bit on the driver to feel more in control from the start of the round. By the 5th hole I had hit every fairway and I started to get the...
I some what agree that playing with similarly skilled players seems like a good idea in theory, but then you would have a foursome of guys newly acquainted to the game paired together. They would never be paired with a more experienced player that could possibly teach them some of the more obvious rules and etiquette that most serious players take for granted. I think they would be oblivious to ready golf in most cases too. Then there is the group of single digit guys...
I have been actively trying to replace my putter for the past 4 years or so. I've demoed a majority of brands and styles out there in that time, and I can honestly say I have not found a putter that felt better or produced a better roll than my current putter. I would suggest only purchasing a new putter if you believe it feels better and produces better putts than your current flat stick.   I always wanted a Scotty until I actually hit a few of them and realized they...
 That is how I thought of the Web.com tour initially, but looking at some of the statistics, most notably the Overall Scoring (Actual) stat, there are 22 guys on the Web.com Tour with scoring averages sub-70 but only 9 guys on the PGA Tour. It should be noted the Web guys have about half of the total rounds played and they do not play layouts the like of Pinehurst No. 2 and TPC Sawgrass, but shouldn't higher caliber players be expected to post similar numbers even on...
Time will tell, but if Holly can hold her own as far as  knowledge of the game of football goes, she will do great at Fox if they incorporate her properly in their NFL broadcasts. I agree with others on the front that Fox may not get high marks for their golf coverage which would hurt her brand, but that all is yet to be determined.   I think TGC lost with this one though. I liked her as the host of Playing Lessons all though I have to admit I rarely watched it before...
With GC's increased coverage of the developmental tour over the last year or so, it got me wondering what the major and minor differences are between the Web.com Tour and PGA Tour. I have looked for information on the web and on this forum, but haven't seem to find any of the info I was seeking, so if any of y'all can provide some insight that would be greatly appreciated.   I have seen some of the guys on the Web.com tour post scores in the low 60s multiple times and...