or Connect

Posts by GoodGuyGreg45

You could replace your phone or battery with what you would spend on a handheld and then get an app?
I'm a little biased here, but I think #2 did not get enough love. Joking, of course. For how extremely flat the Arid Plains of West Texas are, The Rawls Course has a fair amount of contouring. The first time I played it I could not get over how much different the turf was compared to what I'm used to playing in southeast Texas. The back to back Par 5s to finish are also different. Compared to the other college course I've played in Texas, this one is head and shoulders...
So you just hit a hard 8 or a soft 2 there, Mr. Love III? Agree with this. Those links were probably all within the last week too.
Driver off the tee trying to split the fairway between the right rough and the bunker. If I have 225 or less from the fairway I'd go for it. If I'm outside of 225 or in the bunker I lay up to the 100 yard line trying to hit the right side of that landing area. Appropriate club from there aimed at the middle of the green and hope to have a birdie putt of some sort.We're not even playing the same game then. I wish I could strike the ball well enough to trust a 3W, hybrid, or...
I would suggest you choose which ever club will help you achieve your dream faster. By that I mean there are more things to look at than dues, fees, and 18s. Which course has the higher concentration of members that play to a handicap similar to yours and better? The opportunity to compete against quality players cannot be expressed as a dollar value, or maybe it can? Which layout(s) is/are the toughest? Can you usually get a tee time when you want it and how you want it...
If they're traditional plates its more like 500, but they look to be rubber so 265 is what I see. Not that it really matters. The funniest part of it all for me was Rose's photo actually has the screw on bar collars attached.
Have you ever hit a pure shot with a blade? It is close to the best feeling in the world. It is just not worth giving up all the distance on mishits for those few and far between pured shots for most amateurs. Hence the RSi2 and TP trying to combine look, feel, and performance. Blades usually have less offset as well. Personally, I feel I really have to sling the ball to get any shape with a SGI club, say Speedblades, where as a TP MC type of club with less offset allows...
What would be the tangible consequence for running over the allotted time? Multiple sports have some type of shot clock and teams still regularly accept the penalty for allowing it to expire. I know a good amount of courses in my area are equipping carts with GPS, so maybe you track each groups pace of play through that. If your group takes longer than x amount of time then you're put on some type of blacklist. First offense you cannot play with more than 3 for your next...
I'm legitimately disappointed in this. I live pretty close to this project, and these guys will guaranteed kill the "hustle and bustle free, magical environment" that already exists here. I played the course that existed on the property before they sold it to this group, and I knew that layout could have been exceptional if someone would have invested the time and money. It never really recovered from hurricane damage that happened in the 2000s, so I was excited to hear...
I've seen 10 minute back ups, occasionally the 15-20 minute wait, but 40 minutes is unacceptable especially if a starter was present. One thing I've generally observed from groups when there is a back up, large or small, is they do not actively try to eliminate it. I do not think they treat the first tee as they would the other 17 on the course. I've seen plenty of groups leave the putting green and arrive at the first tee right at their 11:00 AM tee time. Once they...