or Connect

Posts by hallryu

I've noticed I tend to stand very square to the ball and as I have a bad back I struggle to get a full shoulder turn. Perhaps flaring my feet more will give me a little extra flexibility.
My Ping O-Blade putter. It's pretty beat up from being abused when I was a youngster but my dad bought it for me and it's been in my bag ever since. Love you dad and see you at the great gig in the sky someday.
I'd hit that!
Recently watched a review of the new balls and the spin and distance look good if the price is to believed. Will putting a dozen of these in the bag when they land mid Jan.
I'm not so sure. I've met some stuck up prats who think the slightest violation of the rules is an earth shattering event.
Just because you make someone answer a few question doesn't mean they will replace every divot or repair a pitch mark. I've seen some experienced players make a total hash of repairing pitch marks!
A combination of Hall, my surname, and Ryu. Ryu meaning school in Japanese. I created the username years ago when I was heavily into martial arts. I use the same username everywhere on the interweb!
It's a no for me. Is there any other sport that makes noobs take an exam before playing? The question is probably routed in the misplaced elitism that pervades this sport. It would be a shame if the sport was the preserve of the conforming few to the exclusion of others. I'm very well aware of the rules and the etiquette required, but if I was forced to take a test first I would not at all be interested.
Having a spoon in the bag is a must for every golfer IMO. Sometimes driver just doesn't go where we want it to and a three wood just gives you that confidence to hit a good length tee shot without the need to play a provisional!