or Connect

Posts by Silent

I know this one guy....  
Thanks @Wansteadimp, guess I didn't have the latest information.   I would have sworn you have to play at least 2 tournaments. Luiten had the same last year, he was injured but to secure his entry in DP World Tour Championship he hit one ball of the tee in Shanghai and then withdrawn from the tournament (so officially he did play). Myabe the rules changed, or maybe an excemption for top-10 players... can imagine you would want McIlroy to play no matter what.   Sorry...
If I remember correctly, players have to play in at least 2 of the 3 first tournament in order to be allowed to play in Dubai. So he might skip one but not two. In fact he's confirmed to play the BMW Masters.http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2014/tournamentid=2014086/news/newsid=231152.html
Next week The Final Series on the European Tour will begin again. These are the last four tournaments of the season, all with big purses and offcourse with the final tournament in Dubai (hence 'The Race to Dubai'). Last year this is where Dubuisson put himself on the map with high finishes and the first win of his career in Turkey, which gave him a top 50 OWGR place and put him in the hotseat for the Ryder Cup already.   The tournaments:   Oct.30 BMW Masters, Shanghai,...
I voted for 2+ wins, no major. Such a natural talent (+ very hard work ofcourse) will keep winning, but not as much as compared to when he would be fully fit.
You're right. I understood he will play 12 tournaments on the PGA Tour, and if I'm not mistake that doesn't include the majors and the WGC's he will play no matter what. Together with his caddy and the rest of his team they will decide which tournaments to play and which not, since his caddy has more knowlegde about the courses and if they suit Joost his play.
According to his website, Luiten will play all the tournaments in the final series. That means four tournaments in November, each of them with a purse of $ 7 million or more. Also he will play Nedbank again in the beginning of December (that tournament counts for the 2015 season if I'm not mistaken), after which no golf for a month.
Luiten climbs to 32nd place of the OWGR after finishing 3rd in the world match play championship.
I don't know... G-Mac after getting his ass kicked? Larrazabal tweeted to McIlroy he should be careful not to lose his no 1 spot to Luiten, haha.
Third place for Luiten. Excellent result.