or Connect

Posts by km782

I would like to buy a hybrid club that will fill the gap between my 3-iron and driver.  For my irons I was fitted with a set of Mizunos with the Dynamic Gold X100 steel shafts.  I hit those irons well and I like the feel of the shafts.  For my driver I have a Titleist 913D2 with the Diamana D+ 72 White shaft.  This shaft is maybe a little more stiff than I would like (got it as a gift) but probably the right shaft for me because I tried the Blue shaft in Golfsmith and was...
I recently bought a set of the Mizuno JPX-825 Pro irons and they are great.  The only thing I don't like is there is no 3-iron.  I think I am going to buy the Mizuno MP-H5 3-iron as a replacement.  The JPX-825 Pro's are all 1 degree stronger than the MP-H5's.  So, I was thinking that I would have the new iron bent one degree strong so that it fits with the rest of my set.     The bounce on the 3-iron is already 0 degrees, so will bending the club for a stronger loft make...
Thank you for all of the responses.  I went to my local range and tried a few clubs from their demo selection.  I think it might be best to either get 2 hybrids or a hybrid and a driving iron because I just can't consistently hit the fairway woods straight.  The selection was limited but I hit the Adams Idea the best of the hybrids I tried (even though it was a regular flex instead of stiff) with the Ping G25 in a close 2nd.  They didn't have the Adams Pro and Pro Mini or...
I am about a 10 handicap.  I started playing when I was pretty young and have had the same set of knock-off Ping Eye 2 irons for about the last 15 years.  This year I decided to upgrade and got fitted for the Mizuno JPX-825 Pro irons (4-GW) and a Titleist Vokey 54 (bent to 55 degrees) and a 60 degree Vokey wedge.  I also carry the Titleist 913D2 driver and a TaylorMade putter but I wasn't fitted for either of them.  That makes 12 clubs.   When I was getting fitted, the...