or Connect

Posts by scottcarmichael

I'm a web developer/designer (work from home) but I work part time locally as a print designer.
Hey I'm impressed OP. I've been playing for over a month now and I still don't even know if I'm swinging right. You looked pretty natural in the video.
 Hmmm...that does sound bad. I guess I was coming at this from more of a consistent action that everyone must deal with on a regular basis. Putting is always tough - no doubt about that - but the situation you described should not happen at every hole. Driving, like putting, is pretty much required at every single hole.
 In Dick's I was able to try a bunch of putters, and the best one I tried was the PING Karston TR PAL. It not only looks great, but it's a solid feeling putter with a great grip. It doesn't feel bulky, but you feel like you have weight in the head. It's the only PING thing I own, but it's very nice. Maybe try a putter at the very least. ay33660 mentioned their drivers being good - and from what I have seen, they do seem to provide a good return on investment. They look...
Reading online just a bit will hint that PING goes after places that use discounts they don't like far more harshly than others do. http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/145962-why-no-pings-at-dicks-sporting-good-stores/page__st__30 Now I'm not saying they don't have a right to charge whatever they want, but many people (like me) will ultimately make a decision based on cost, and if I can get a discounted competitor irons set + a nice driver and maybe even a new bag....for...
 You know what's funny? I've been scouring all over for a good price on new clubs...and again and again, the best prices for good models (that aren't super old) seem to be from TaylorMade. I also see they seem to support online sellers much more than certain companies *ahem* Ping *cough* and just look at all the eBay sellers they have given their stamp of approval to! They even make their list of resellers easy to find....
I've just recently started playing golf again (never took it very seriously years ago as a hobby - now I am)...and while I can grasp putting, using irons, working with wedges and am doing okay with those so far...I have to ask:   Is learning how to use the driver the single most challenging part of golf?   It seems extremely difficult to get the right power and accuracy and yet seasoned players make it look so effortless. I hit buckets of balls today on the range and...
I've just started golfing again, and having never really "followed" the brands associated with it, I wanted to do research before I bought ANYTHING.   First thing I noticed was that TM truly is saturated and even Callaway is (though not as bad).   Titleist and Ping seems aimed at people with money who want to buy nice clubs and don't [need] something new and shiny annually. If you want to buy for the long haul, get these.   But TM? The brand just seems priced too...
I went shoe shopping yesterday and it's really hard to find 13s in stores. Even harder to find 13 Wide. Most of the shoe "sales" I see online have a bunch of sizes no one can even use.
 I will definitely keep this in mind, as it will be evident if I'm doing poorly (don't want to annoy other players).  I will do that (hit the range first) and then go do an actual round. A nearby course has a nice free putting green so I practiced for over two hours on that last Saturday and it made me feel more confident. This weekend I'll probably do the range deal (it's like $7 a bucket).