or Connect

Posts by MiniJeffrey

Second. However I can't seem to find how to lag instead of flip. It feels so unnatural (lagging) while flipping feels so normal to me...
Interesting but difficult question. What is a good handicap; for me it depends on multiple things to classify a player as being good. Looking at the average hcp of all players in the world, anyone lower than 25 will probably be adecent golfer as more than half of the entire golfing population shoots higher scores. But a 25 handicapper, myself included, does tend to play some bad golf from day to day. A good golfer to me is someone who has a great technique and has decent...
I've had some similar problems. My shots used to be very high (in fact they are still very high lol) and tended to go right. In the beginning this was so extreme that it was a nasty slice. At the moment I've reached a point that I do not slice anymore, it's dead straight or a small fade. I can live with that. So what did I change? I use a stronger grip and my backswing is shorter. This has helped me a lot to eliminate the slice and change it into a fade. What I still do:...
It alsy varies from day to day. Some days I just can't seem to get distances and other days it goes like nothing.   Weird sport :)
 It's true that players who are so passionate about golf that they join an internet forum will probably be the better players and thus the players that hit it further. But does hitting 175 yards with your i7 makes you a better player than someone who hits it 140 or 150 yards? I think not, golf is so much more than distance. It's a bit sad that almost all players I play with are constantly talking about distance instead of talking about achieving a decent total game....
 Not offending anyone, but I do believe some numbers here on TST are exaggerated. Not saying they are lying, but I think some people are giving their premium-numbers (hitting a shot at 95 or even 100%). That's of course not an average. And again, numbers are numbers and everything is relative, especially distance. You seem to hit pretty decent distances. If I may believe my pro at the club and the pro who did my trackman analysis, the 'normal/average' distance with an i7...
 Impressive numbers, but these seems to be above average? Also, numbers are numbers... I've seen people who have been playing for two years and on the driving range they seem to hit it great and would normally outdrive me with any club, but then you play some holes with them and they cant hit a fairway or green in regulation. So I'm not a very big fan of  'oh my god numbers' or 'I have to hit as far as possible'. It's just nice to see that I can win from long-hitters...
 My average spin was ofc not 9.700... It was around 7.700. Still high I know. My average smash factor was 1.32. You are right, on the shots I felt I had hit the sweetspot my Smash factor was 1.34 - 1.4.You're a hcp 32? So with 5-6.000 rpm, how far do you hit with your iron 7 on n average shot (not a perfect shot, not a wasted shot)?
 You are right. The shot with 9.700 rpm only got to 115m (125 yards), It dropped dead, no roll at all. It was also off to the left. Luckily I am not intending to hit my iron-7 shots with 10.000 rpm... :)  
Update: So I've had a trackman analysis. What a beasty-computer! It seems I put a huge amount of spin on my balls. With my 7-iron I was able to hit 9.700 rpm of backspin on it, the pro said this was extraordinay. However, this may be great for approach shots to the green as the ball will drop dead or even spin back, but it comes at a cost (I lost about 12 yards and roll is impossible with 10.000rpm).   It also seams I hit 'normal' distances, but I should be able to get...