or Connect

Posts by Joe Cartpath

I'd say it's a pretty good bet that the shaft already had a slight crack that hadn't been apparent yet - but made itself known with your nephew's greater swing speed. It would have happened eventually anyway...
I prefer not using a glove but, as stated be others above, in hot summertime here in the humid South keeping your hand dry can be a challenge. When I first started playing years ago I used a glove just because that's what everyone else did....so I thought it was the "correct" thing to do. Later on I played without a glove most of the time...but I was very picky about how a grip felt in my hand. That's why I always avoided the old Victory grips - they seemed too hard and...
Nice to see that people still like Hogan clubs. Every club in my bag is a Hogan:   Woods: Big Ben C-S3 10.5 with Aldila NV-H 70R shaft (made in about 2007 as I recall) 1w and 3w: Apex persimmon (circa 1983) with Apex 3 shafts 4w: Speed Slot persimmon with Apex 4 shaft 5w: Speed Slot persimmon with Apex 3 shaft 6w: Speed Slot 404 (laminated) with Apex 3 shaft   Irons: 3-Equalizer: Director (circa 1980) Apex 3 shafts   Wedges (all with Apex 3 shafts) 49 degree...
Designating it as GUR wouldn't accomplish anything either. You don't HAVE to take relief from GUR....it's an option...you have the right to play it as it lies....
80 on a par 70 course. 7 over on the front after a terrible start...but 2 later birdies helped, 3 over on the back with no birdies.
Playing it as a lateral hazard wouldn't accomplish anything since you always have the option of playing from a hazard without penalty...   I've only played one or two courses that I can remember having an OB between parallel holes. In each case it was simply OB....nothing else. You abandon the original ball and play another - with a one stroke penalty.