or Connect

Posts by Gboroman

It's uncomfortably awkward when the cart girl flirts with me.  I just take off my glove and show my wedding ring like a crucifix to a vampire.  I'm so incredibly good looking, though, I can't blame them.  Leave me alone, I'm trying to play some golf here.  I don't have time for these distractions.  Oh, and wake me up from my fantasy...
Tiger Woods just announced he is not playing next week's Arnold Palmer.  We all know what THAT means!  Wink, wink,  nudge, nudge.
Correct!  Gold star!  However, inference can also be defined as the non-logical, but rational means, through observation of patterns of facts, to indirectly see new meanings and contexts for understanding. Of particular use to this application of inference are anomalies and symbols. Inference, in this sense, does not draw conclusions but opens new paths for inquiry.  Yes, I copied that definition.  No, I'm not.  You are using what's called Cognitive Bias.
Just an observation.  Seems like you observed the same thing.  Do you even know what inference means?  Most on here don't.
 You're right about Jack being built like a linebacker when he came into pro golf.  I agree.  But, Tiger was built like a pine needle when he came into pro golf.
 First of all, I don't hate Tiger Woods.  I enjoy watching him compete and I think he has been great for the game of golf and the touring pros' professions.  I hope he can come back and beat Jack's record.  But, there are many on here who have their blinders on, their head in the sand and just don't want to even consider the possibility that Tiger used some form of PED.  It is telling that you say "0-for-however many things you want to come up with." How about if I came up...
   I think you have to remember that physical fitness in golf is a relatively recent phenomenon. Tiger and Vijay are noted as being at the forefront (Hmm, that's interesting...  OK OK don't throw things at me, I'm not insinuating anything there).  Anyway, I think vanity, intimidation and gaining or keeping an edge might go into it without really knowing what the short term and long term effect would be.  I think pro golfers saw the potential benefits and results of at...
And, I don't understand why you are starting to defend Tiger so vigorously.  I thought you were just sitting on the sidelines being the classroom clown.  Again, you extrapolate something we say into something else.  No, stop it.  It's not what we are "really saying." I've listed several indicators (not evidence) that insinuate it's possible. These are NOT just signs of aging.  I've cited a medical article (and there are many others) that list these indicators and state...
Me too.  There is one guy in particular I knew that had real bad acne.  He exploded in size in about a year.  And, he definitely had roid rage.  He was hot headed, before.  I played golf with him and he on more than one occasion got a club stuck up in a tree. Anyway, take a look at this article.  http://www.med.nyu.edu/content?ChunkIID=13729 From the article (not my words, theirs): Some signs of anabolic steroid use include:Puffy face Severe acne (on face, chest, upper...