or Connect

Posts by Gboroman

I feel, yes, but maybe better for the driver.  I use it as part of my pre-shot routine for my driver to help create more lag speed.  For my irons, I'm more worried about face angle and consistent distance, so I don't use it in my iron pre-shot routine.  However, when I'm on the range sometimes I do it before I hit an iron shot and find my strike quality is improved.  It certainly helps with correcting casting.  Let's see what others say.
I've had this problem, among others.  But, for me, what helps is to imagine rotating the back of the clubface on the backswing to match the swing plane once it crosses hip level. Then, rotate the front of the clubface to match the swing plane on the follow-through once it crosses hip level.  On both the backswing and follow-through, I imagine the clubface sliding along the plane once it matches it on each side to finish the move.  Maybe this doesn't make sense to you, but...
^ I understand.  I do appreciate how you take much of the "vagueness" out of the swing process, though.    Thanks for not keeping the "secrets" secret!
 No, I wouldn't say.  I defer to your expertise, but I have to disagree.  I believe there are vastly more similarities than differences of good ball strikers at impact.  A few differences with driver swings, sure.  Bubba and Lexi on their toes come to mind.  Maybe there are some very slight differences between 1-plane vs 2-plane swings, I'm not sure.  HOW the club is delivered to the point of impact is certainly different, but I don't see where impact is "different for...
I know of 3 fundamental things the CLUB does: 1) Path 2) Face Angle 3) Shaft Lean   And, I suppose, the 3 things great golfers do for each: 1) On Plane 2) Square 3) Forward   There are some other related things such as angle of descent and bottom of arc.  But, as far as some private double top-secret physical things?  LOLOLOLOLOL I hope he is not talking about the "PGA" fundamentals.  My belief is the only true fundamental is impact position (thanks Bobby...
It's hard to tell with his cargo shorts, but I would like to know what Mike and other say about his right knee that appears to straighten on the backswing.  It looks like it is causing some spine side-tilt and weight balance issues.
For me, the holy grail of swing "instruction" is to get to a point that I understand what I'm doing and what action causes what result. More so, what tendencies I might have and how to quickly fix (or compensate for) a major flaw that creeps in even during a round.  What is frustrating is hitting a really bad shot and having no idea what happened.   So, instead of focusing on developing the perfect Adam Scott golf swing that might be outside my physical capabilities, I...
This is a great thread.  I hope I can learn some things from it because I always seem to have a blow-up hole that bleeds into other holes for a "blow-up stretch."   One of my recents was in our club championship.  My game was a little shaky, maybe because I was nervous.  But, I was hanging in there making pars and bogeys.  However, I was starting to get upset because I left several putts just short.  Then, I get to a par 5.  It's reachable, but not really worth it...
tholland,   Hopefully, you can post the video.  Even if you do, can you provide a little more information about your swing, your swing thoughts and what you've done?   Is it just off the tee you are experiencing this? Have you tried changing your ball position?  If so, what were the results? How did you try to fix the issue that led to blocks and slices? Do you take a divot with your irons?  If so, what does it look like (direction, deeper on one-side, etc.) and is...
My suggestion is to feel like you are taking the club back with the right hand.  At the top, feel like the right wrist is cupping, like you are holding a serving tray.  This will pull the left wrist into a bowed position.  Additionally (or alternatively) you can also try hinging your wrists earlier in the takeaway.  A full length mirror is useful to look at your wrist position at the top.  Ideally, you want a flat left wrist at the top, but you might want to try the bowed...