or Connect

Posts by thegella

Though mine is not stepped as in this guide its a constant taper but the principle might work the same I will just need to work out how many layers of tape are needed at the bottom of the grip to bring it up to .600 and how many layers at the top I can have as a maximum and then build them up as in the guide. Or perhaps I can also do this with the .580 size grips I have seen
The only thing I can find on the web is a winn installation guide, it details fitting a grip designed to be fitted to a parallel shaft on a tapered shaft by building up tape from the bottom to bring the tapered shaft up to a sort of parallel base for the grip between a max and min diameter and perhaps I should do the same fitting a .600 grip and build up tape in say 5 or 6 steps from the bottom. Here is the url of the guide which may help people understand my problem....
Hi boogielicious and thank you for the welcome. No I don't have a picture but I could sort one out but it would be hard to see it. Its not a huge taper, from the butt end .580 to the bottom of the grip part tapers about 1/16 if an inch or a little more. When a 600 grip is installed its very noticeable, with a .580 grip its still noticeable. If I build up tape then it will perhaps widen the grip at the top to accommodate the bottom fitting correctly and maybe that's what I...
Hi I am new on here but have a question for the wise on here and hope you can enlighten me. I have some older Mizuno T-zoid irons I just keep going back to, they were a gap between the pro and pro 11 model irons and were only released in Japan and have have KV-PLUS graphite shafts. The grips are shot so I have removed them ready to replace them and I find the butt section is tapered. I have no accurate calliper but going off what I have the very end is about the .580...