or Connect

Posts by DaveST

Finally got video of the stills up. This is the more recent video made last night, better angle and after getting some practice I feel the mistakes are less in it. Positions at impact should definitely be better than the first video because this was made while doing drills specifically to increase club lag/flat wrist forward at impact
haha yes definitely a typo - I meant backswing not downswing   It's less that I am treating my practice swing as the gold standard and more that I just seek the relaxed feel I have during it which allows for a faster club head and maintained club lag. Right or wrong I feel more tense over the ball and it affects my swing. I understand there are differences in mechanics between the two swings and neither are perfect but what I want to overcome is the anxiety and tenseness...
It really helps if you have someone to help you. An instructor is irreplaceable.   However short of that, buy a mount for your camera to take footage of your swing so you can continuously work and analyze. Many times what you think you are doing you are not. This way you can make the most of your practice time rather than go through an entire session to find out that you were practicing something wrong   I used the Protosports attachment for the iPhone but there are...
Thank you I find this a lot more helpful. I posted the pictures I could that were the most recent because I didn't have a youtube account and it took until now to get it started and the video uploaded. The reason it still feels mental to me is exactly because of what you said though, I'm not worrying about trying to get the ball in the air on the practice swing. To me that sounds like the definition of a mental block. I see the issues you point out but at the same time I...
Thanks for the reply. I think its a mental block only because no matter how many videos or swings I take I can't come close to repeating the angles in my actual swing. Even if I shanked, hit it thin or fat I just want to see that I can make the same swing. My goal of course is to just maintain the lag deeper into the swing like Sergio, NOT have extreme club lean like the stills but just holding off the release longer. I feel it is mental because I can feel my muscles...
  Here is a slow motion video of a practice swing and actual swing.   Again. The issue is that the two swings are different. The actual swing loses it's angle way too early. There IS a middle ground between having too much club lean at impact (practice swing) and losing the angle too early (actual swing) and I can't get there until this block is broken. 
So your way of helping is to ignore what I am seeking help with completely and just telling me my swing has the proper lag and I don't need help? Gee that's helpful! Rather than everyone throwing their swing fixes at me I am looking for someone to reply that has experience in overcoming mental blocks and repeating the same swing as a practice swing in a real swing.
That is one thing I am trying out to see if it helps because I did notice in the slow motion videos that my practice swing had that unconscious drop before initiating the downswing while my actual swing you can see the tenseness as my hands initiate pulling it down. That's not really a hip move though (I'm uploading to youtube a video now) that is more of an issue of my upper body being too tense and trying to force it
I feel like you guys are misunderstanding my goal here.    Creating lag is not the issue. My practice swing shows that I am able to create it easily without forcing it or being tense. That's the point. The problem I have is that I am not able to maintain this freedom and lag in my actual swing.    Also please stop trying to address the hip turn - again I am not asking how to get more power. I am asking how to repeat the easy free flowing practice swing I have ALREADY...
Read through a lot of the beginning pages and thought I would add my experience.   I'm a proud stack and tilt student but when I was first introduced to it I wasn't aware what "stack and tilt" even was. I didn't realize it was what I was being taught until 5 months afterwards. If you are able to find a good informed teacher you will see quick progress. The more I learned about Stack and Tilt the more I learned what makes a swing work. I went from casting my right hand...