or Connect

Posts by jkelley9

I think I'll try the wrist band thing. It never occurred to me that a lot of it could be coming from my arms. I feel like my palms get really sweaty too though. But if I can get any improvement, I'll take it     Is there a pretty significant impact on glove "wetness" to a proper grip and ball striking? 
It gets really hot here in NC. I was at the range today for about an hour, really focusing on improving my ball striking and covering the things to practice that my instructor went over with me a few days ago, which means I'm taking about 30-45 seconds between shots.   When it gets blistering hot here, I sweat through my glove pretty quickly. I keep at least 2 more gloves in my bag for this reason. I'll usually change it out after about 20 balls with a dry one. When I'm...
My wife and I just got back from Jamaica. I read Lowest Score Wins cover to cover, and then went back and read the first hundred pages again with my highlighter in hand while on the plane trip back. What a GREAT book. Holy smokes. I've read a couple of other highly rated golf books, but they just weren't for me. This one was so easy to read, and I'm a statistician at heart so I really appreciated that aspect of it. It really helped me open my eyes at how this game...
I think that is the way I have naturally been progressing so far. I've been relatively good with my short game lately and struggling more as I move up to longer irons.  I have not. I will look into this though. I'm all about gadgets and stats; I'm engineer after all  I'm sorry, yes that is contradictory. What's really been happening is that when I do hit GIRs I'm often 50-60 ft from the pin. I'm 3 and sometimes 4 putting those suckers. This would ring true that my longer...
I am really trying to work on putting for this reason. I drop a lot of shots in putting and I'm finally starting to truly realize that. I think I can see a large difference in my scoring if I spend some extra time on this one.  I am definitely working on the golf swing as my #1 priority right now. It definitely needs work. That is where I am getting the most out of my instructor right now since he can see what my swing looks like and where the weakness was in a shot where...
Good morning everyone,   I have not been very active on these boards but I have been working a lot on my golf game the past 3-4 months. I'm working one-on-one with an instructor who I've been very happy with. We have been having lessons about 3-4 times per months 1 hour per.    Please note that I'm quite the beginner, my lowest score was a 95 but that was an anomaly where I put the ball close to the pin on almost every whole. I typically shoot  around 100-105 where...
It's been a while since posting, but I have been having a lot of success recently. About 2 months ago I starting taking lessons once per week, first at 30 minutes per, and now at 1 hour per. I've been very happy with the results:   Everything in my setup, grip, swing plane, body movement... just everything was wrong. I saw tremendous improvement in just one 30 minute lesson. I approached this instructor initially (and still currently) with the objective of our lessons...
Thanks y'all    I definitely intend to approach my golf game in a healthy, objective way. I'm glad to hear that the GAME Golf is accepted on here (some other online reviews had me second-guessing at times) because I'm quite excited to use it sometime this week.    I will definitely check out those resources, iacas. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!   I do believe I could achieve my goals by the end of the year possibly. I consider myself very...
Hi, I'm James. I just joined these forums after having played very very casually for the past 2 years or so. I love that there's tons of information on here with many active users. I only recently starting trying to really get better at golf and am now playing on average once per week.   A little bit about me: I'm a chemical and biomolecular process engineer for a smaller chemical company in North Carolina. Graduated in 2011 from Georgia Tech so I'm a young guy. I enjoy...