or Connect

Posts by sgt1372

I'd sure try it BUT a Heavenly Greens vendor once quoted me over $10k to install synthetic grass in my postage stamp sized backyard.  Can't imagine what it would cost to do any entire golf course, even if the guy's getting the material at wholesale.
Additional info re interesting history behind the trophy.    See: http://www.montereyherald.com/news/ci_26750710/first-pebble-beach-golf-trophy-found-after-91
I voted 1 win of some kind.  Would be nice to see him win another Major but that seems pretty difficult these days -- not only because of he age/health but also because of the greater competition.   As easily as it seemed for him to win 5 tournaments in 2013, if he's "healthy" (which is the key), I wouldn't be surprised to see him win at least 1 next year and, the way he cherrypicks his tournaments, it could easily be 3 or more.   FWIW, I'm beginning to think that the...
Reed just won $100k for placing 5th in the Volvo Match Play tournament following the Ryder Cup.   Can anyone explain why he was the only American who qualified or was invited to play in the Volvo?   FWIW, I like his style and hope that he wins a few major tournaments to justify his belief that he's "one of the top 5 players in the world."   See: http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golftalkcentral/confident-reed-im-top-5-player-world/.   I think you need a some arrogance...
I'm a beginner too.  Only been at it about 3 months.  Started out just buying a driver and some used clubs and hitting balls at the range and a computer simulation site w/o instruction just to learn how to swing a club.   Within a month after I started, I signed up for a 5 lesson Golf Ready beginners course.  Most places charge $99 of this, but my course only cost $65.  Also signed up for 5 "intermediate" courses for $55.  You can find PGA Golf Ready classes near you...
Thought I had everything figured out -- at least I was hitting the ball a reasonable distance w/o slicing it for the most part -- but a PGA instructor said that my swing was too flat and out of plane on the down swing, which was confirmed on video.   So, I'm back to working on my swing w/the driver to bring my arms farther up while also staying on plane through the down swing.  So, back to the driving range just hitting balls w/the driver.  It's like learning how to drive...
As I already mentioned, I'm not planning on going to the Frys BUT I would like to go the WGC-Cadillac Match Play Tournament at Harding Park in SF on April 27-May 3rd.  Should be a lot of big name players there.   They're currently offering a 2 for 1 discount for weekly grounds passes for just $99 - Offer expires 10/31.  Pretty good deal since they are charging $20-40 online and $30-50 at the gate for just one day's pass.  See:...
 Why do you need the recognition?  You knew how well you played and I'm sure it did a lot for your self-confidence and the quality of your play going forward.  So, although no one saw you play one of your best solo rounds, I'm sure others saw the benefits of that round in the way you played w/others later. 
Was thinking about it but I decided against it because: 1) it costs $35-45 just to get in, which doesn't include the cost of food, drink and souvenirs, 2) you have to park about 6 miles away at Napa Valley College and then wait to take the shuttle to get to Silverado, which means will take at least 1/2 hour and maybe longer just to get there from the parking area, 3 ) apart from a few familiar faces, most of the top ranked pros won't be there and 4) I know it's not the...
I'm a newbie, as well as a senior, and all I've played on so far are 9 hole/executive courses.    It's a great learning environment.  It's relatively cheap.  No crowds.  No problem playing alone.  No need to reserve a tee time; just walk on.  Doesn't take too long to play 9.  No worries about being embarrassed about how poorly I play or getting sh*t from better golfers or regulars who don't want to put up w/beginners.    This is important because I hit the ball so...