or Connect

Posts by sgt1372

First time that I watched the show. I found it boring.  Caught bits and pieces here and there and only watched the "finale" out of curiosity making great use of the fast forward button on my DVR.  Will probably not watch it again.
 Not yet.
When I started to learn how to play golf this year, I decided to go to a simulator site in order to get an idea of how "long" I hit each club.  Got read outs of the distance for each club before I actually step foot on a course -- a 9 hole -- and, based on the simulator chose which clubs to play.  Discovered that I was hitting the ball on the course about 10-20% SHORTER than what I was doing on the simulator and had to adjust accordingly.
Tiger is a public figure and has to expect the kind of treatment Jenkins meted out BUT he doesn't have to like it and is entitled to express his displeasure about it. Both have had their turn at bat and that should be the end of it.   Tiger haters LOVE the piece because it depicts Tiger in the worst light. Tiger lovers hate the piece because it's an obvious HIT piece which was written for no other apparent reason other than to demean Tiger.   The majority of us, who I...
It's like HS but, if the guy said that to me, regardless of what I "muttered" to myself, I would have just stayed there and started to hit balls.   Then it would be up to the other guy to start something physical to try to get me off OR apologize, which would defuse the entire matter. If nothing happened, I'd just continue to hit balls UNTIL his wife showed up (if she EVER showed up) and THEN I'd offer to let her take the spot saying something to her like:   "Oh, your...
Most exciting end to a golf tournament that I've seen in a very LONG time.  6 guys w/in 1 stroke of each other on the final 2 holes.    Was hoping that Fowler would finally win one but he couldn't seem to avoid dropping the ball into the water.  Was glad to see Kaymer's ball take swim; don't really like or dislike him but he's not American.  Same reason I wasn't rooting for McDowell, Iwata (Japan) or Clark (So. Africa).    It should be noted the commentators (who I...
I'm just a beginner and, if you can hit the ball 265 years, you certainly don't need any help from me.    However, FWIW, from what I've read & heard, in order to drive the ball effectively, you need to center your swing about 3-4" BEHIND the ball so that the driver hits the ball off the tee on the upstroke in order to get sufficient loft angle on the ball which will maximize distances as long as you hit the ball in the center of the face of the club with sufficient club...
Saw the finals on Golf Channel last night.    Interesting event but I don't think it really has anything to do w/really playing golf.  Just proves you can win some $ and make a living hitting a golf ball around a 1/4 mile, if you just go up there and whack the heck out of the ball and hope it lands in the "grid."  You get 1 out of 6 tries to do it.  So, accuracy really doesn't matter as long as you can get at least 1 out of six swings to stay w/in the grid.    Not sure...
I'm ambidextrous too.  Write left handed but I did everything else in right handed when I was young -- batting, bowling, shooting a basketball or casting a rod.    Didn't seem to make a difference playing other sports but when I picked up bullseye target shooting (with a gun) things changed.  In bullseye, you shoot single handed w/the arm extended w/o support from the other hand.  So, a right handed shooter would normally line up his RIGHT eye in line w/his arm towards...
It was bad enough when we developed the ability to send off a thoughtless email from a computer at home (or work) to another person BUT now, with social media, you can send out a thoughtless remark from your smartphone anywhere you are that EVERYONE can read and that you can NEVER take back.    That's why I don't use Twitter to send out any idle thought that might cross my mind.  I assume that Bishop now wishes he had never used Twitter to do that too.