or Connect

Posts by Tomputt

Just started a flatter swing plane and have great results...I believe my club/wrists were too upright at address.  Lateley, I stayed tall in my setup and let the arms fall to their natural position.  Much more relaxed and natural.
Was taught that early wrist break is good for the short irons, especially the wedges...reduce severe wrist break as the distance clubs come into play.
Could not disagree more with your comments.  We have all heard the expression you have to feel the club head and let the club head do the work.  You can't feel the club head with a tight grip. The article only states that most amateurs start off with a loose grip, as the downswing begins, most amateurs turn into cave men with a death defying grip.  Try reading Jim Flick's book (Jack Nicklaus' one time swing coach) and you will see what I mean.  Grip and rip it might work...
Working on grip pressure.  Instructed to hold the club at about a 3 out of ten...very light pressure.  Here is where my instructor hammered the following into my head...THE SAME GRIP PRESSURE THAT YOU HAVE AT ADDRESS  (3) IS THE SAME GRIP PRESSURE YOU SHOULD HAVE AT IMPACT.  Read that again TEN times.  Most of us have the natural tendencey to start overgripping at the top of our backswing and then end up with a grip pressure of 8. Too tight a grip introduces stress and...
Had the same problem.....stood a little furthe away and my thought was to hit the ball off the toe.  corrected the shank.
Jordan Spieth will be the NEW greatest golfer of all time..move over Jack and Tiger
As I said if the S&T is working for you, that is great.  Just saying that S&T may have peaked. Conventional tried and true proven methods are still used by over 90% of the golfing population.
glad the S&T is working for you.Lately there is talk (golf channel recently and Golf digest), that there is way too much weight shifting going on in S & T which leads to more complications.  Weight towards front prior to the seing, then get some weight going back and forward again with more weight going forward. Way too much shifting going on.  Plus, the S&T can lead to a reverse pivot.
Glad the s&T is working for you.  I tried S&T with lots of lessons and it went no where.  Went from 12 HC to 15 HP in 8 months.  Just started going back to the old method of getting the weight transferred to the rear foor during the backswing. Scores are going down.  At a recent golf instructors seminar there was a general consensus that using the S&T causes a lack of power and because the way the body finishes the swing, overtime it has proven that the S&T will develop...
Hate to beat a dead horse but has anyone had any success with S & T?  I took several lessons and tried it for about a year...scores didn't get any better.  Went back to the old proven method of getting the weight on the rear leg during the back swing.  Scores improved.  I was video tapped with my S&T swing...one bad aspect of it that there too much weight shifting going on. Start with most of the weight on the forward foot and you increase the real possibliity of the...