or Connect

Posts by Tomputt

Had the same problem.....stood a little furthe away and my thought was to hit the ball off the toe.  corrected the shank.
Jordan Spieth will be the NEW greatest golfer of all time..move over Jack and Tiger
As I said if the S&T is working for you, that is great.  Just saying that S&T may have peaked. Conventional tried and true proven methods are still used by over 90% of the golfing population.
glad the S&T is working for you.Lately there is talk (golf channel recently and Golf digest), that there is way too much weight shifting going on in S & T which leads to more complications.  Weight towards front prior to the seing, then get some weight going back and forward again with more weight going forward. Way too much shifting going on.  Plus, the S&T can lead to a reverse pivot.
Glad the s&T is working for you.  I tried S&T with lots of lessons and it went no where.  Went from 12 HC to 15 HP in 8 months.  Just started going back to the old method of getting the weight transferred to the rear foor during the backswing. Scores are going down.  At a recent golf instructors seminar there was a general consensus that using the S&T causes a lack of power and because the way the body finishes the swing, overtime it has proven that the S&T will develop...
Hate to beat a dead horse but has anyone had any success with S & T?  I took several lessons and tried it for about a year...scores didn't get any better.  Went back to the old proven method of getting the weight on the rear leg during the back swing.  Scores improved.  I was video tapped with my S&T swing...one bad aspect of it that there too much weight shifting going on. Start with most of the weight on the forward foot and you increase the real possibliity of the...
I use to have a lot of pain in the hands due to an interlocking grip.  When I switched to overlap, it completley went away.  As a result, my ball striking improved.  Also, try taking two alleve before hitting the range or golf course.
Recently tried the Jordan Spieth "look at the hole instead of the putter head" appraoch for four footters and less.  Took a few practice swings then looked at the hole during the putt...made five putts today out of five from that distance.  I would normally choke or pull to the left.  Thanks Jordan!  I bet this becomes a trend.
i was always had a "weight on the balls on the feet" golf swing.  Started reading more about weight on the heels (Adam Scott swears by this).  Also, I started some fresh swing lessons with a local pro.  He is a proponent on weight on the heels.  I tried it and could not believe the difference!! When I had weight towards the front, there were times when I would get jammed up...especially during the down swing.  Standing upright and a lttle further away with my butt out and...
Could not his my three wood for anything.  Got a Taylor made #3 hybrid.  I use it all the time on par 5's.  I"m giving up a little yardage but it is very forgiving. It has made a big difference.  My three wood is now mothballed.