or Connect

Posts by burton9190

Cant argue with that mate. Good job on the 35 pointer. You seem to be doing well for only playing a short time, keep it up.
Take a head cover and place under your left arm and keep it there when you swing. Your left arm becomes disconnected during your takeaway. With the head cover drill it will help you with your takeaway and excessive wrist bend. It will also help you to compact and shorten your swing down.
Video of me hitting a ball for anyone interested: http://thesandtrap.com/t/77007/my-swing-burton9190#post_1051924
For anyone interested, here's a vid of me hitting a ball into my (battered) golf net:     Actually felt like I got hold of these 2, I have tried to work my torso and arms as a single unit in my backswing. I'd appreciate your thoughts, cheers.   @boogielicious thanks for the advice - I don't know why I didn't come here earlier, you lot have answered some questions I've been confused over for a while.       edit: front-on view went a bit tits up so will try again...
@vangator thanks for your input man. Any chance you could expand on what you mean by hands 'in' and 'out'?
Alright steady on Mr @Steve Hutch.   I know I need to get some proper swings uploaded, I just uploaded what I had access to at the time. Bear with me and I will get them sorted. My ball striking has always been very good (so i've been told from other players and also my coach). Pretty much since I started I have always been told I am under achieving with my golf, just recently it has just taken a big step backwards in terms of ball striking and consistency - I was only...
I'll try and get a new vid up soon when I hit the range. All my swing thoughts have been in my arms and someone has pointed out that I am all upper body so will try and post 2 different swings and see what you lot think.
@saevel25 Great, thanks for your input. I have always felt that my swing is in my arms, so you are definitely on to something. I'll have a nip to the range later and try this out. Thanks man.
@Club Rat Thanks for the advice mate. It is not just on the course where I am struggling. The range has been a disaster for me recently too. When getting frustrated I do get very quick from the top, something which I am working on.    Heres some swings if it might add some insight.       Cheers
I've been Playing Golf for:​ 1 year My current handicap index or average score is: 17 My typical ball flight is: Used to be a draw, now a fade The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: fade/slice with irons   I'm going out of my mind. I had a good start to season dropping by 4 shots and now my draw/push draw has turned into a slice with my irons. I still draw my woods.   Had a furious bout of the shanks about 2 months ago which I am only just...