or Connect

Posts by Kevin04

Congrats to Brakkus. Keep going, buddy! Good work!   Played the home Par 65 today.   The front 9 are harder - 32. I shot 40, I think once I've scored in the 30s and that was 39.   Back 9 was good, and started with 3 pars, and what should've been a 1ft par save, but lipped out. Scored 39 (Par is 33)   79 for a Par 65.   Last 5 have been 80, 81, 79, 78, 79.   My golfing season is nearly over for 2013 at least. I'll play some winter golf at Christmas...
Played a select few 9 holes due to fog.   1-5, skipped onto 7, before playing 17-18.   Ended up +4.
After hitting lots of form recently, came crashing back down to earth.   87 on the par 65. I had been hitting 77, 79, 80 recently.   Just one of those days I suppose as although ball striking and especially driving were fantastic. I had not much luck with my approach shots - 4 ended up in the sand, and I need to work on this paper, I cannot get it out well and just happy if it gets out at all. Putting was terrible, lots of 3 putts.   On the green for a 140...
Thanks for the replies.   Really interesting to read all the opinions.   I noticed last night as I hadn't paid much attention to it in the past, but my buddy hits a club less than me. I'm going to try the hitting down tonight.   Maybe scooping is not the best description of it, but it's definitely a lighter type of hit than I would in the middle.
Inconsiderate people with slow play.   I was playing behind a group of 4 players - they were either beginners or didn't play golf often. I am no golf snob or dictator of the rules, but they were all over the course.   -One of the guys had shanked his shot, they all teed off and left him there teeing off about 3/4 times til he managed to get it in play. His partners were 200 yards already down the fairway.   -Shouting at bad shots. It's a frustrating game...
Played the local Par 65.   Shot 78. Last few rounds have been 81, 79, 80, 78,and 78.   Started strongly and usually do not. Parred all 4 - got behind a slow group (who eventually let us through), but then started a 3 hole run of poor scoring, 6, 6, 7.   Back 9 was a strong finish with the wind at our backs. +4 for the back 9.   6 GIRS which I'm chuffed about, overall (8 pars) but blew 2 more with short putts and 3 putting.   Hopefully out...
Hey guys,   Just curious to see what most you guys do on a Par 3 or if hitting an iron off the tee on a hole.   Do you hit down much like you would if you were in the middle of the fairway with an iron, or do you hit it differently, more like a scoop type shot?   I didn't either think about this until I seen a video on the net recently from a PGA pro Conan Elliot saying that most golfers do and are meant to hit down on it from the tee, and the tee is used...
Never had one.   I wonder if I'll ever get one as even on a long par 4 (460-480) I struggle to get on in 2. I often end up 20-40 yards off the green with my 2nd shot.   I was 3ft away from a hole in one last night.
How did you do, Hardballs tonight? I hope it went well with the new shades, hat - if it didn't at least you look the part ;)   Are you being too hard on yourself mentally? I noticed a while back I was playing almost everyday and there went a period when I was going backwards almost (duffing it, slicing my driver) I was putting too much pressure on myself, as if I had a bad round the day before, I was focused on doing better and if I ever hit a 6/7 it would knock my...
Finally broke 80. Shot 79 on our Par 65.   My last rounds on my local course have been - 82, 81, 85, 83 and now today 79.   Played pretty well all round. Club choices were near perfect most of the afternoon. Only 6 GIRs, but 5 more that were fringe or just off ( 5-10 ft from the green).   Driver is hitting well, irons very good (a few fats), but 90% consistent hitting.   My biggest disappointment was the flat stick. I really shouldn't be greedy, but I...