or Connect

Posts by Harold

I like 18 but I often play 9's once a week as my practice time since I not a range rat and then mostly only practice pitching, chipping and putting. I don't goof around when playing 9's but rather get a small bucket's worth of a real game with real shots on real grass.
If you aren't used to walking it could be just the lifting or your bag. If you only have or use one strap that can be an issue too. A dual strap backpack type harness is best for walkers who don't use a push/pull cart. Maybe yours is too low or too high. Right above the butt seems to be the ideal point. I'd look at dehydration as well. Once it hits the 70's I usually go through three 16 oz bottles of water and 32 oz of gatorade and I usually drink water beforehand....
Rule 13.2 is a multiple response rule intended to cover the vast majority of issues that might come up with Ball Played as It Lies. If he still is not satisfied with the answers therein refer him to Section I: Etiquette "The Spirit of the Game." If that still doesn't do it ask the USGA and when they give what I believe will be the answer it would be smart for your opponent to knock it off or possibly be labelled a cheater because that's what it is plain and simple. ...
Unless you are Kenny Perry it's a penalty. Regarding stones in bunkers there's a provision in Appendix I page 101 and 110 to allow local rules which let players remove stones from bunkers before hitting for safety reasons. If you aren't sure assume no local rule and play the ball as it lies.
One that I see routinely violated in the Pacific Northwest is relief from casual water. Especially in winter the courses are soft to say the least but unless the ball or stance is in casual water or it "percolates" up when you take your stance you have to play it where it lies. Mushy ground does not in and of itself define casual water. For a lateral water hazard? Doesn't 26.1-c cover it so it doesn't have to be draw on a line? Maybe something else is being considered...
I think golf viewership is also an issue among those that do get it. Given the choice of watching golf or playing golf what are most on this board going to do here? Play golf most likely. How about someone who falls in the casual golfer category? Probably something else. If it's not college football it's the NFL. Then it's college basketball. Than it's the NHL and Pro basketball. Than you have baseball, NASCAR, MMA, American Idol and so on and so on. And that's...
I guessing 95+% of all golfers aren't going to care about a new players skillset as long as the appropriate tees are used, good golf etiquette is observed, and your skills are appropriate for the course being played. A new player playing even a 113 slope rated course is going to have difficulty. Get into the 120's and higher and the course will have you for lunch. As others have stated 9 hole courses are a good place to get your legs under you. They are a bit more...
Au Revior go-pher. Well? We're waiting!
I'm in the low 40's and I still carry. I believe on most normal days or courses walking and carrying detriments are offset by by the benefits. On hot days and or on courses that are long with hills, especially ones in development areas with large gaps between holes it takes strokes away. Golfing a bunch of days in row has the same effect. I do prefer to walk and carry but am smart about it. I also know the day is coming when it will be time to get a push cart. Long...
I think it's a case of trying to fit a large square peg into a small round hole but whatever. Maybe three times is a charm. At least it's not as known the DHL Cup.